XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
....the original "don't ask me how I know" guy....
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had I known you guys were here (and ya know who you are, then I wouldnt have signed up!!!! HA HA

Pretty cool. Im finding model specific forums to be the way to go now-a-days. Too many sheep grazing in the pasture can kill it off quick!!

By the way, Im XR1200Sportster from the XLForum. Figured I would go by my given name (by the bastards at work!).

Heres to puttin the knee down...;)

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Ha!

You're gonna dig it here...don't get me wrong I love bikes in general..but everyone here has a sportsbike lean to 'em...we have limited membership at this point...but the majority of 'em are former racers, current racers, or knowledgeable motorsports people.

Except for me of course.......:)

Welcome!

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome back to me!!!

How is this for irony (or maybe not so much), but after I traded my XR in at the dealership I still work at (now on a part-time basis), I have had the pleasure of starring at my old bike for almost two years now!!! No one bought it, not even close to putting a deposit down on the bike! Even as I let her go, it was tugging at my gut and my heart-strings, but the position it put my hip in, it was killing me to ride for extended periods of time. Little did I know in the 2 years since, the aftermarket would more than put up its fair share support for this bike.

Well, after much thought and pushing/backing by my girlfriend, Im re-taking delivery of my bike tomorrow. The sales manager was so tired of sitting on the bike, that he sold it to me for $1500 less than they originally gave me for my trade value...$8000. So, its a win-win and I get to have the bike back that I waited two years for back in 2008!!!

How is that for a story....

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
How is this for irony (or maybe not so much), but after I traded my XR in at the dealership I still work at (now on a part-time basis), I have had the pleasure of starring at my old bike for almost two years now!!! No one bought it, not even close to putting a deposit down on the bike! Even as I let her go, it was tugging at my gut and my heart-strings, but the position it put my hip in, it was killing me to ride for extended periods of time. Little did I know in the 2 years since, the aftermarket would more than put up its fair share support for this bike.

Well, after much thought and pushing/backing by my girlfriend, Im re-taking delivery of my bike tomorrow. The sales manager was so tired of sitting on the bike, that he sold it to me for $1500 less than they originally gave me for my trade value...$8000. So, its a win-win and I get to have the bike back that I waited two years for back in 2008!!!

How is that for a story....
I LIKE that story! Cool deal. Welcome here again

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
I dont know the protocol here...
Do I say "welcome to your forum and congrats on the new rig"? Or, did I already do that? Can one man get two welcomes for owning one bike twice? Did you just set the record for Longest Time Between Posts? Do you owe the forum dues for the year you took off?
Let's try this on for size.....
Welcome back to your forum and congrats on the old rig!

·
Kinder gentler machine gun world
4,489 Posts
Great story....brought a tear to my eyes......talk about a true investment. Welcome back and enjoy.

PS: Excellent, funny reply Cyberdyke:clap:

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here my XR back, side by side with my 84 FXSB Lowrider Shovelhead. The Lowrider is no longer low and it has real brakes. XL1200S Sport frontend with GMA fork brace, and Works shocks. The bike can be hussled through twisties without skipping off the road now!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts