XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My hovercraft is full of eels
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nebo Loop, Fairview/Huntington canyon, 191/Indian Canyon, Wolf Creek Pass, Alpine Loop

Attachments

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Great scenery! Where is it? What front wheel is that?

Reactions: 1KPerDay

·
Registered
352 Posts
VERY nice pics , thanks !

G

·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great scenery! Where is it? What front wheel is that?
Utah. Here's the route for any interested

Front wheel is custom-laced Akront aluminum with stainless spokes, built by Buchanan on custom Storz hubs. I have a matching rear but the initial spokes broke so I had to have Buchanan lace them with thicker stainless spokes and I can't remember how the spacers all align to get it back on the bike so I've been running the OEM rear. Plus the rear OEM wheel allows you to go without tubes, which is better for flat repairs if needed. The spokes look tasty though.

·
934 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Nice pictures. Big!!!

Have you ever heard of Kineo Spoked Wheels? This would be my choice if I went that route.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,880 Posts
Brilliant pics, 1KPD. I knew Utah was mountainous, just didn't picture it so green. Your XR looks great against those backdrops!
Those Kineo wheels are tasty, but expensive. I went thru a wire wheel phase a while back before the arguments in favour of tubeless tires made me wake up a bit. At the time a local guy was offering to make up hubs for me and lace them to a pair of Takasago rims. I was very tempted at ~$3K AUD for a pair until having 2nd thoughts. I haven't priced Kineo wheels for some years but they would be doing well to be any lighter than cf. Still, you can get them in almost any colour you want and they do look super cool.

J.

·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brilliant pics, 1KPD. I knew Utah was mountainous, just didn't picture it so green.
It's green in the mountains where I live for about 3 weeks in the spring... and then all the trees remember that we live in a desert and everything turns brown/tan except the pines. LOL though lots of them around here are brown anyway due to the invasion of the Japanese bark beetle. Entire forests have been wiped out. In the higher mountains it's green most of the time. But down in the valleys the only green stuff is where there's irrigation/farms. It's not Ireland, that's for sure. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts