XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow H-D XR1200 owners! :clap: I walked into a Harley dealer a month ago and fell in love with a machine! :eek:
Finally a Harley that almost fits me (6'4"). And what a blast to ride!! I bought a Kawasaki KLR650 last August and caught the bug. Now I had to get a real bike!! Of course, it's SUPER FAST ORANGE!!!!
Hey, how can I get a 1200 Owners Group T-shirt?
Ride Safe

G

·
Welcome to the group. I pretty much did the same thing. I wasn't really looking to buy the bike when I went to the show room, but I rode it home a few hours later.

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Sweet! Indiana? Hey, do you know John Mellancamp? No? How 'bout Bobby Knight? Larry Bird? David Letterman? C'mon, ya gotta know one of 'em!

Congrats on the bike! Glad you got the Orange one....don't listen to anything B-B-B-Benny says....he's european anyway.

Glad you made it. Send an email to [email protected] on the t-shirt.....only XL and up in stock at the moment.

Speaking of John Melloncamp (we were, weren't we?) he's playing down here at the end of the month with Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson....uhhhh, that show should be ok....[:)]

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Paso-Welcome to your forum and congrats on the new rig!
We need more midwesterners around here.

Speaking of John Melloncamp (we were, weren't we?) he's playing down here at the end of the month with Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson....uhhhh, that show should be ok....[:)]
..........ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
..........ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............
Cybr! You gotta be kiddin' me! Three truly original American music legends on the same stage....Little Pink Houses, Maggies Farm, and Whiskey River back to back! I mean geez, I'd rather see the Allman Brothers but Duane's been dead a long time...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny you should ask......

Hey Magoo! Larry Bird, as a matter of fact, was in one of my classes when I was at Indiana State from '73-'75. Don't remember the class it's been so long. And Willie Nelson, Bob and John were here in South Bend on the 4th of July but I didn't go. I was too busy riding around on the Harley. :clap:

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Awesome! I knew you had to know one of 'em ... six degrees of seperation and all...

Love Larry Bird! As long as he's alive I won't be the ugliest man in the world....

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Cybr! You gotta be kiddin' me! Three truly original American music legends on the same stage....Little Pink Houses, Maggies Farm, and Whiskey River back to back! I mean geez, I'd rather see the Allman Brothers but Duane's been dead a long time...
I've seen Johnny Cougar twice, not cuz I wanted to, but cuz he was the warm up band. Sucked both times. Never was a fan. Would have loved to seen Dylan 100 years ago. He's a legend. I'll choose to remember him for what he was. Kinda like watchin' the Senior PGA...it's not the same. Willie...well, he's kinda just a cartoon of the guy he was when he was hanging with Waylon & the boys.
But hey....that's just me.

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Yeah, we saw Willie 2 years ago at The Stagecoach, a huge 3 day music festival in Indio CA (think Woodstock for ********). I wish we wouldn't have; He was obviously Messed up but more importantly just couldn't sing anymore. I would have preferred to keep my memories from when he was at his prime, or at least close.

Oh yeah, and Welcome Pasonik (is there a meaning behind that?)

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard. Took a test ride on an XR, just for somwthing to do, and ordered one that day. Awesome Harley.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.