XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, name's Dave and I take delivery on a black XR 1200 tomorrow. I got to ride one at Bike Week and then again when the demo fleet came to town a few weeks ago.

I've been riding Harley touring bikes for years, currently own an 09 Ultra and have ridden with the local HOG chapter for years. I've also had a sport or sport touring bike in the garage as I also ride with a local sport bike group that likes to take off to East TN, NC, Ark and MO for some mountain fun. I also belong to the MSTA formerly know as HSTA, a national sport touring group.

I traded a 08 Roadster in on the XR. I bought the Roadster about a month before Harley announced they would be bringing the XR to the states. I knew then that I'd be getting the XR as soon as I could swing it with the wife. The Roadster was fine for commuting but just couldn't hang with my sport bike friends in the mountains. The XR feels like a different matter, almost as fast as the 1200 Bandit I used to ride.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I also swapped in a Roadster for the XR. I think you'll be quite pleased with the change.:clap:

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Welcome...

Dude, welcome. Well, you'd have a better chance of keeping up with your sportbike friends if you'da got an Orange one but its too late now [:)]!

We'll get along fine till College football season.....

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Dave, welcome to your forum. Congrats on the new rig!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.