XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
09 xr1200 fast orange
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, been a letter lurker here for a while and decided to finally introduce myself. My XR is the first motorcycle I've owned and I never considered myself a fan of Harley's 馃し. I wanted a certain type of bike and after narrowing down what I wanted I settled on the XR and luckily enough I found a low mileage (7400) all stock and never dropped Orange 09 near me. I love this bike and look forward to riding it for years to come.
Alright well it's time to stop by the general topics forum to ask my questions haha..
Oh and my name comes from what I feel like I have to do riding at highway speeds haha.

Premium Member
Nice ride! A big surge in new owners this past few months. What area are you from? Great people and information here.

Registered
09 xr1200 fast orange
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear! I'm glad these bikes are getting the fans they deserve. And I'm in northeast Ohio. I need to make all my info available but I hardly know how to use forums.

the older I get.the faster I was
Nice ride! A big surge in new owners this past few months. What area are you from? Great people and information here.
What he said.
Welcome from Canada.
If this is your first bike, I would say it would be wise to take a motorcycle ridding course.
You learn a lot and might lower your insurance rates. ( done preaching)

Super Moderator
Hey there DG, Welcome in from Connecticut, that鈥檚 a fine example of the species you have, mine looked just like it when mine was new, I鈥檝e had it for almost 12 years now, and I still get a kick from riding it.
just ask, if you have any questions
Regards
Roy

Sonya's a pretty kitty!
Welcome in DG from Melbourne, Australia. You've started at the top. Learn carefully, some spares for the XR are very hard to get hold of, particularly body spares, so try not to to deck it...

J.

Registered
09 xr1200 fast orange
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm definitely looking forward to the riding courses and glad to hear I should be able to find joy in my bike for years to come. Although it's a bummer to hear about the spare body parts lol. I didn't strap my bike down properly on the trailer and it fell over causing some scuffs behind the seat. Hardly noticeable but I notice it haha

Registered
Howdy howdy. Glad to see you're looking forward to the ride! As a sports bike rider, this bike is awesome! I'm sure you'll love it.

Registered
Welcome from Strong Island, New York
XR for a first bike??? Very impressive.. Three pieces of advice for a newbie (rider course has already been mentioned)...
1. Ride as if everyone else thinks you are invisible... ie they do not see you..especially cars making left hand turns in front of you.. 2. Always use handsignals as well as turnsignals. 3. whenever braking pump the rear brake several times to blink your rear brake lights... and last but not least, keep the rubber side down.. Ride safe!!!! Beautiful bike!

Super Moderator
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho! Congrats on the new-to-you XR1200!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts