XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,

I will also introduce myself properly. my name is Bert and I live in Europe - Belgium . Picked up my xr1200-2009 2 weeks ago (exchanged on a fxrs-sp evo) so far not too much driving with the xr but I like it. I had a leaking front fork, is now at HD, I also want to replace my dragbar handlebars for an original one and then look for a tuner as there is an exhaust remus on the bike. that's all right now

馃憤

Attachments

Registered
XR1200 2009
Hi Bert and welcome to the club! Never been to Belgium so far altough we're almost neighbours, I'm Swiss.
When you get your beauty back from the garage: Your oil cap ain't properly shut, it's supposed to be almost on a level with the surrounding. It needs a little strength to do it, you can't damage it, don't worry!
Cheers and happy riding, Christopher

Edit: There was a link to a how-to video posted few days ago.

Premium Member
Welcome from California. Nice ride! Stay here as long as you like. How many miles on it?

Registered
Hello Bert welcome to the forum I like your ride very much , but must admit I'm somewhat confused about it. Maybe some of the experts here can answer my question. My 2010 fast orange XR has the silver/gray powder coating on the swingarm, triple trees, primary cover,engine, sprocket cover, etc. But Bert's ride is blacked out just like an XR-X model, and it's a 2009. Was it only European XRs that were powder coated black on these parts? A couple years ago a similar XR was up for sale in my area , a 2009 and it was all blacked out as well. I thought maybe someone had all the parts refinished in black from the original silver/gray. But now I'm not so sure.

Anyways welcome again Bert to this great club we've got here. Great people with a ton of knowledge. Whatever questions you have the answer most likely is here .

Braap!
2009 XR1200
My 2010 fast orange XR has the silver/gray powder coating on the swingarm, triple trees, primary cover,engine, sprocket cover, etc. But Bert's ride is blacked out just like an XR-X model, and it's a 2009. Was it only European XRs that were powder coated black on these parts?
Not that I am aware of?! If I had to guess, I think someone put in the work to black out the parts. Berts bike still has factory 2009/2010 suspension on it...

Registered
Welcome from NJ. I saw someone else mentionin leaky for seals. Next time, before you take to have serviced, you may want to try to clean out any grime that may be up there causing the leak. Just take a thin piece of plastic and cut in shape of hook and run under the seal to pull out the grime. There is a bunch of youtube videos on this. It works great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Bert and welcome to the club! Never been to Belgium so far altough we're almost neighbours, I'm Swiss.
When you get your beauty back from the garage: Your oil cap ain't properly shut, it's supposed to be almost on a level with the surrounding. It needs a little strength to do it, you can't damage it, don't worry!
Cheers and happy riding, Christopher
Thank Christopher ,

they already told me about the oil cap :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello Bert welcome to the forum I like your ride very much , but must admit I'm somewhat confused about it. Maybe some of the experts here can answer my question. My 2010 fast orange XR has the silver/gray powder coating on the swingarm, triple trees, primary cover,engine, sprocket cover, etc. But Bert's ride is blacked out just like an XR-X model, and it's a 2009. Was it only European XRs that were powder coated black on these parts? A couple years ago a similar XR was up for sale in my area , a 2009 and it was all blacked out as well. I thought maybe someone had all the parts refinished in black from the original silver/gray. But now I'm not so sure.

Anyways welcome again Bert to this great club we've got here. Great people with a ton of knowledge. Whatever questions you have the answer most likely is here .
I think it was blacked out by a previous owner, if I look closely at the 2010 I see that the fins have been polished, mine are not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts