XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on picking up my XR on Saturday and figured I should join the forum since I've been lurking the past few weeks. This seemed like a much safer option compared to the XL Forums...

I'm in Ohio and been riding/racing off-road (enduros, GNCC, etc) since I was 4 (currently 24). I have a Yamaha FZ6 for the road but fell in love with the XR when I saw it and ordered one a few days later. I never was a huge fan of Japanese sport bikes so the XR seems like a much better bike for my taste.

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
realslow, welcome!

Welcome from the Heart of Dixie! Glad you made it...and congrats on the new XR you're gonna like it a lot.

I'm also an enduro guy.....though not in the past few years. I imagine the Enduro's around Ohio are all tight woods and slick mud....sounds awesome>:)

·
Some gave all
124 Posts
How close are you to Lexington, OH? I'm thinking Mid-Ohio Meet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are exactly right about Ohio enduros, especially if it rains. Wet Ohio clay can get nasty and slick in a hurry.

I'm around Youngstown, so about 2 hours across 76 to Lexington or up to 3 taking a little less direct route...

G

·
Anything in the trees is fine with me!.....I need everybody to start riding Magoo hard about getting back into the woods! I hate to admit it but he knows his way thru or over most objects unlucky enough to find their way in front of his knobbies ( I'm not sure that sounded right, but you get the idea!) *FYI 24 mph average is overrated !........to say nothing about the SEG you get after pulling your helment off at the results posting area and watching the (young) jaws drop when they have to face the fact that they just got their ass handed to them by a "old" gray(ing)overweight (not by much!) guy three times their age! ( I appoligize in advance for any one out there with young jaws!) But thats not why I do it , Riding off road flushes my brain of all the crap & clutter!Like nothing else does for me! Plus the current drugs of choice are way to expensive and of questionable/unknown origin, and I'm sure my good luck account is 'wwaayyy' overdrawn! C-ya Mikey

·
Some gave all
124 Posts
Thanks, I got a pair of mini led turn signals from my sister, to trim down the XR tail clutter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts