XR1200 Owners Group banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Shack is right, I have had ten XR's , one of 'em I've now owned four times and have tried most accessories and modifications going. I" m still learning!
Hi Art looks like I’ll be in touch in a few weeks picking your brains. 10 Jesus you must know them inside and out.
quick question what of the tank expansion issue, have all the tanks settled down now or is it still an issue ?

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,556 Posts
Hi Art looks like I’ll be in touch in a few weeks picking your brains. 10 Jesus you must know them inside and out.
quick question what of the tank expansion issue, have all the tanks settled down now or is it still an issue ?
Nobody has ever come up with a definitive answer to why they swell, safe to say it is probably a combination of fuel and temperature. Personally I have never had a bad case of Tank swell. It certainly doesn't appear as frequently in UK as it does Stateside. The problem does and will continue to exist just like the flu but there are options and it is manageable. Don't worry about it unless it happens to you.... then ask me again.

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok Art thanks. From the pictures on mine I can see that there is not a gap at present so hopefully 🙏 it’s not too much of an issue. Mine had done just under 15000 miles.

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,556 Posts
Ok Art thanks. From the pictures on mine I can see that there is not a gap at present so hopefully 🙏 it’s not too much of an issue. Mine had done just under 15000 miles.
If it isn't obvious in the pictures you are probably OK. Very few UK bikes are prone to serious swelling. Can't wait to see your pics, or better still in the flesh.

·
Registered
XR1200 2008
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well Art as you are a fellow Brit and I go to Glastonbury to see another biking mate on occasion I am sure we can meet up for a jaunt on the bikes hopefully 🙏 this summer look forward to it. You in Dorset ?

·
HOW'S YER BUM FOR SPOTS?
3,556 Posts
Yup, Christchurch. From here I regularly ride to Kent, Lincs, Norfolk, Devon and Cornwall, Manchester, the Lakes. I dare say we"ll meet up sometime.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts