XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's how it works..... You post, based on your experience, your best tip for new or prospective XR owners. I know you may have several important tips but you can only post one! You cannot post a second tip until at least three other people have posted their tips.

Example:

Streettracker posts a tip. He thinks of another he wants to post....but he has to wait for MadDog and Geno to post their tips before he can post again.

That way everyone will have a chance to post their favorite pro tip and they won't all get posted by Joe :).

I'm not sure how we will determine the winner of the contest but we'll just see how it works out.

Guess what my first tip will be :) :

Clean all connectors, fuses, and relays and cover in dielectric grease. :yinyang:

Ok, lets see what y'all have got :nana:

· Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Fuel injection Tuner! These bikes need a Tuner from dead stock to modified. Getting rid of the lean surge changes the whole character of the bike
TUNER!

· Administrator
13,031 Posts
Take advantage of the XROG Forum Resources

Be skeptical. Don't believe everything your Harley-Davidson dealer/service department tells you about any aspects of the XR1200. Some dealers are very knowledgeable and helpful, while others that may seem to be helpful, in fact, know absolutely nothing about the XRs and will lead you down the wrong path. The trick is separating the wheat from the chaff. That is where the XROG Froum comes into play. With its knowledgeable members and huge data base of all things XR, The XROG Forum is a resource that you should consult for any issues or questions, no matter how big or seemingly insignificant regarding the XROG.

Ask a question, and it will be answered. Have a mechanical issue or otherwise need advice? Your solutions are a simple post away....................++

· Registered
4,364 Posts
Re: Take advantage of the XROG Forum Resources

Be skeptical. Don't believe everything your Harley-Davidson dealer/service department tells you about any aspects of the XR1200. Some dealers are very knowledgeable and helpful, while others that may seem to be helpful, in fact, know absolutely nothing about the XRs and will lead you down the wrong path. The trick is separating the wheat from the chaff. That is where the XROG Froum comes into play. With its knowledgeable members and huge data base of all things XR, The XROG Forum is a resource that you should consult for any issues or questions, no matter how big or seemingly insignificant regarding the XROG.

Ask a question, and it will be answered. Have a mechanical issue or otherwise need advice? Your solutions are a simple post away....................++
Geno`s the Winner he has left me without words:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hokely Dokely, Neighbor! Three people have gone since my first tip so now I can go again :clap: :clap:

.... and I only have one thing to say about that.....

Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50

· Administrator
8,790 Posts
CARRY A SPARE RELAY
they're small enough to tuck one in the small area under the pillion or tape to the inside of the side cover.
2008 and 2009 use HD#31601-04 or NAPA #AR614
2010 and newer use different part numbers

· Administrator
13,031 Posts
Try the Michelin Pilot Road 1,2,3 or 4 tires. Any of the Pilot Road series. They are great tires for the XR. Believe me when I tell you that you will be replacing the rear tire every 3,000-5,000 miles. So try the Michelins at least once. Oh and replace the front along with the rear, even if there is tread left, the feel of two new skins in the twistys is the almost best feeling in the world.

· Administrator
13,031 Posts
Magog took the first one that came to my mind, so my second tip would be to tell them they are not a lone, and that is why they should become a member!
I don't even think Magog posted yet................are you clairvoyant or something? :)

· Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Magog took the first one that came to my mind, so my second tip would be to tell them they are not a lone, and that is why they should become a member!
I don't even think Magog posted yet................are you clairvoyant or something? :)
who the HELL is MAGOG?????

· Endeavor to Persevere!
5,336 Posts
Do NOT go swimming when the RED flag is out.

1 - 20 of 249 Posts