XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I picked up this XR 1200 last March, if any of you know about the series you probably know the history of this XR and who piloted it. Short story is I was racing it in Utah at bagger racing league and crashed it in the second practice session 🤦🏽‍♂️ im in search of the Vance and Hines kit tail section. If anybody knows where I could find one that would be freaken awesome

Attachments

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,418 Posts
Not a Vance and Hines.
Free Spirits make two, one replaces the stock seat and the other is from the Italian race series.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Nice score! Looks like Tyler O’ Hara’s bike. Add Webike in Japan to that list of tail sections, but Vance & Hines are rare as hens teeth.

Reactions: Lastplacedyna

·
used ta could
2,011 Posts
Sorry to hear that storied machine hit the asphalt. That's racing I guess. Love seeing pics of it. She's no garage queen.

·
used ta could
2,011 Posts
I had heard the Free Spirits tail sections were discontinued. Please follow up with what you find. I just bought one off of ebay that I missed when a member sold it on this forum very recently. Someone made a quick hundred bucks flipping it. haha

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I had heard the Free Spirits tail sections were discontinued. Please follow up with what you find. I just bought one off of ebay that I missed when a member sold it on this forum very recently. Someone made a quick hundred bucks flipping it. haha
I made 2 trips (150 miles each trip) to get it and was paid for my services, and bought some parts for myself in the process. Paid asking price. LOL!!!

Anyhow, keep an eye out on ebay for a replica tail. Spare parts for a race bike is manditory.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If you ask at Harris for Parts i think they will help.English Comp. & Sellers,Private also,are more real Bikers .
The comp. In GB some times little Sheds with lots of Ambitions supporting the Scene till today.
Sad is the Procedere with the customs because they out of the EU.Very sad .:(.

The Harris Seat is a real Racing Part,for dayly Use i prefer the good Copys ,lookin more like the OEM .That means a origin or other Seat/Pad.Got this from the english E-bay Suorce.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts