XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The moto gp guys head to Germany this weekend to see if Pedrosa can make it 2 in a row over Rossi and Lorenzo....has Stoner got a shot?

Any of you Euro guys going? Would love to see some pics of the local talent....and, no, I'm not talking about the motorcycles....[:)]....m

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And once again I have to say GO NICKY!
Lol! Don, you are not a fair weather fan, that's cool!

I woulld love to see Nicky do well... But I wouldn't bet my 401K on it (what's left of it anyway). I expect another lackluster performance, a top ten finish if he's lucky!

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Lol! Don, you are not a fair weather fan, that's cool!

I woulld love to see Nicky do well... But I wouldn't bet my 401K on it (what's left of it anyway). I expect another lackluster performance, a top ten finish if he's lucky!
Unfortunately you are probably correct, but come on, the Kentucky Kid cut his teeth on an XR750!

·
WTF???
15,969 Posts

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Another one of Nicky - let's see Rossi do this!
You obviously didn't see Rossi sliding his 990 and 500GP bikes around back in the day!
Given Rossi's unbelievable bike control I don't think Rossi would have too much trouble adapting to this or any other form of bike sport. Give him just a few days and I bet he would be up with the best of them!

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You obviously didn't see Rossi sliding his 990 and 500GP bikes around back in the day!
Given Rossi's unbelievable bike control I don't think Rossi would have too much trouble adapting to this or any other form of bike sport. Give him just a few days and I bet he would be up with the best of them!

He may already have more experience than we know. I read an interview with Kenny Roberts where he talked about the first time he ever met Rossi. He said Rossi was just a kid who showed up at a dirt track clinic he was teaching in Spain. Even then Kenny said the talent in Rossi was obvious as he quickly figured out the keys to flattracking, smoking his older and more experienced classmates.

That would have been a fun thing to watch [:)].

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Actually I have watched and been in awe of Rossi for years. Like I said "Let's see Rossi do this" as in that would be something to see. The cool thing about that B&W pic of Nicky is he is literally hanging off that beast at 120mph on dirt. If that doesn't get you excitied, you must be dead :D

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
weather...

I'm "twitter"-ing with a couple of people at the track....they said it rained like hell this morning....hot and sunny now....the weekend forecast is pretty flexible....if it rains I'd expect Stoner to do well, and it may even benefit Nicky....I don't think Rossi has won in the rain this year but I'll check....Pedrosa is probably praying for rain.....

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it rains (and stays wet) then I predict a shock result for Marco Melandri :) He could even win but is a good bet for a top 3 in the rain.
Melandri is a "mudder"....he could do well....your boy Colin Edwards rides well in the rain too but I don't think he has the speed to podium....wet or dry I'm looking forward to the race.....and of course, proving that now and then an old guy can return to form, Tom Watson is leading the British Open (excuse me, The Open Championship)! That's cool but I expect him to crumble like dry toast by Sunday [:)]....

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Yep, Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, Nicky. Said he changed alot in the rear of the bike and then made a handlebar chnage (which is rare to do) and it seems to be making a difference.

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is this on TV? What network, what time?
I think Speed Channel isn't broadcasting it until 5 tomorrow.

I'm following a guy on Twitter who's at the track and putting up some great pics.....the track is soaking wet....if my wife will get off of her facebook farm I can post some of the pics from the track....I just can't do it from the crackberry.....[:(]

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Well, they are crashing like crazy at Sachsenring :devil:. The wet track is befuddling everyone....even the rain experts like Marco Melandri crashed out...

Mattia Pasini crashed twice....:oops:

Click here for a great video of some crazy crashes today....

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2009/Sachsenring+MotoGP+QP+Crashes

hee,hee....in this crash Lukas Pesek highsided, got flipped off the bike, and landed on poor Bastien Chesaux who was riding by, minding his own business...that's awesome :clap:

this is gonna be a great race if anyone is left to compete after qualifying!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.