Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of Mort's Supertrapp

Looks good. I might try this too!

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Didn't know it came in black. Looks like something I might be interested in. Does he have a tuner on board as well?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Supertrapp Muffler

Hi Cyberdyke-The muffler only comes in bare aluminum. I painted it and the extension pipe in semi gloss black made by Duplicolor from the local auto parts store. I have had a SEST tune prior to changing mufflers. I will be installing a Remus Powerizer soon. Hopefully, that will do the trick, if not I will have another SEST dyno session-Mort

·
Registered
43 Posts
disclaimer I am notbeing critical or rude. I cant help but notice all the high dollar upgrades on this bike (ok maybe not high dollar for some of you) ... carbon fiber bits and brake upgrades and shcoks. So why go the diy route and not drop the money on a 2-1 termi system ?

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pride of DIY

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
supertrapp muffler

Hi Harley Fever-I thought about the Termi system but I think it is too long and too loud and is not as infinitely tunable for horsepower vs torque vs loudness as the supertrapp muffler. I think the Termi is really a pure race oriented system. The Remus/Supertrapp system is versatile and adaptable to either street or race or anything in between for probably for 1/2 the price. The Remus/Supertrapp system is certainly light enough with the thin stainless headers and light weight aluminum muffler. Of course it is a personal choice, but I prefer the look of this system-Thanks for your interest and comments-Mort

·
Registered
299 Posts
It looks great, better than most anything I've seen to date. Looking forward to seeing some dyno results if you choose to do that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You think that the termi 2-1 system is too long ? I like your idea for a system dont let me confuse you. It just seemed odd to go through the work to make one yourself when you seem able to buy a top end enginered system. The termi system is expensive no doubt .... boy did I want one lol but I did take the diy route as well but went even cheaper I am using the stock head pipes and made a stainless mid pipe and fitted a scorpion carbon fiber muffler to it from a gsx-r. You are right the tunin wont be the same as yours but I am in it for about $250 overall I really like it and wish I had the setup but I am already knee deep in the other direction but also i cant afford the headers either at anyrate well done!

·
Registered
299 Posts
This may not be the place to ask this but is there any particular reason one could not use the stock HD headers, cut them back a bit and fabricate a piece that merges the two into one and then do a slip on like a Supertrapp?
Would there be any particular advantage to the Remus header over doing that other than the fact that its already fabricated?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hopefully you will post pics of your creation. Its a pretty exciting idea and it didn't dawn on me until I posted you pretty much did what I was wondering about, duh.
The thing is theres always better flowing, more ground clearance and so on. How much? Is it noticable? Is it mega dollars worth?
I'm probably going to go with the Supertrapp universals for starters but in some ways I kind of dig the 2 into 1 idea.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Remus/Supertrapp

Hi Joe-Matt advised me that based on his extensive experience, the Remus header flows better than stock and he is absolutely correct. Top end torque is a mega improvement now and ground clearance/weight loss are fantastic. Pictures are already posted by Scotty and Doug. I don't like the appearance of the Termi 2-1 muffler-it seems huge and I wanted a tunable muffler- but I am sure it is a great system. The Termi 2-1-2 system seemed to long and high for me and is also not tunable. I wanted to be able to balance between low and high end torque to suit my riding style. Will start my re-tuning process soon-Thanks for your positive comments-Mort

·
Orange County
114 Posts
Nice set-up. I too am a fan of Super Trapp muffs for their "tunability".

Where did the muffler-to-frame bracket come from? Home made?

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
muffler mount

the clamp that goes around the muffler is a standard clamp available from supertrapp. The hanger is from Revtech-you can get it form Adrenalin moto or off ebay-need to play with a few washers to get it all lined up. I may be selling my entire setup soon-just finalizing the fine tuning with my Torque Hammer system from Dris @ Twinmotorcyles to see if I like it better. Let me knwo if you have any other questions-will be glad to try to help-Mort

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.