XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone-My name is Mort. I bought an orange XR 1200 about two months ago and am really enjoying the bike and the xr1200owners group site. I have not owned a bike for the last 8 years and previously owned a Honda VTR996 super hawk, Triumph Thunderbird(900 triple) and Ducati 900ss. I have put a full black Remus exhuast, adrenalin moto air scoop'pipercross filter, Storz braided front brake lines and bitubo shocks on my XR along with a Screaming Eagle Race Tune. Working on some other mods as well. I live in Southeast Florida and I am addicted to riding my XR!! Thanks to all of you for all that I have already learned from this group. This is my first participation in a group of this type. Best regards-Mort

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
welcome!

Mort! Glad to meet you. Dude, you are rockin' wih those mods! Look forward to your comments and suggestions.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Fellow Floridian

Welcome Mort, I am in the opposite end of Florida, near Pensacola. I have an Orange XR , just ordered a D and D set of slip ons, had some on my 95 Triumph Sprint (885 triple). I have a 2000 Sprint (955i) adn several other bikes. I think if I had to choose I would keep the XR, since I ride it the most. Look forward to seeing more of your bike, Tony

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remus Exhaust System - All Black

Several folks have asked how I got an all black full Remus Exhaust system including headers. I had them ceramic coated in high temp semi-gloss black by Jet Hot in Arizona. They look great but if you do it be prepared to sand down all the slip joints because the paint makes the fit too tight. Will post pics when I learn how to do it-Mort

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Congratulations..

Hey Mort, Welcome to your forum and congrats on the new rig. Sounds like a beast!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.