XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a Testride today with the Nightrod Handlebars and the Rizoma mirrors... :)
shorter clutch cable is going on later...again cellphone pics..my cam is just to bulky...

the cows all went in one direction...to give fine swiss milk for even better swiss chocolate and cheese...was fun to watch them :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like you're riding on the sidewalk! where's the road? :eek:
that's just a side road leading into the forest up to a castle ruin...you can see the actual road in front of the bike. I just stopped there..and I bet the next mile on this road has more turns than the average US street :p

The mirrors work excellent...they are of superior quality (hey it's rizoma)..I got them from a swiss shop.
Well I had to work on the left mirror bracket to fit it the way I wanted it to.

·
The older I get, the faster I was!
63 Posts
The mirrors work excellent...they are of superior quality (hey it's rizoma)..I got them from a swiss shop.
Well I had to work on the left mirror bracket to fit it the way I wanted it to.
I can't find a product web site for Rizoma. I looked on Adrenalin-Moto's site and they have Rizoma's but not your model. One of the cool things about this bike is that we can exchange information and ideas across the pond about the bike and options. I've always admired some of the gear and accessories you all have over there, but we can't get here. Now we have a common bond that allows that to happen. That being said, can you help me find the source for the exact mirror's you have on your bike? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't find a product web site for Rizoma. I looked on Adrenalin-Moto's site and they have Rizoma's but not your model. One of the cool things about this bike is that we can exchange information and ideas across the pond about the bike and options. I've always admired some of the gear and accessories you all have over there, but we can't get here. Now we have a common bond that allows that to happen. That being said, can you help me find the source for the exact mirror's you have on your bike? Thanks.
http://www.rizoma.com/

the mirror is model "Dynamic" (find it under UNIVERSAL - MIRRORS. you can have it in black, natural or polished finish. You need the adapters with them. I had to modify the left adapter slightly to fit it like on the picture.
I got it from here (swiss onlineshop):
http://www.motorradkleider.ch/shopad-Rizoma+Spiegel+Dynamic_a-51510_/de/

but I'm sure Matt from Adrenalin or Rob from Speed Demon cycles can get them for you.

the grips are AVON GRIPS. got them through Rob because they aren't available here in switzerland! (see, I have the same problem sometimes :))

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
I have the AVON grips also, best 50 bucks spent yet! Just like the Performance Machine ones for half the price.
Where did you get the smoked rear turn lenses? Over here there is a kit for the front but the rears do not fit, different lip on them.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
I can't find a product web site for Rizoma. I looked on Adrenalin-Moto's site and they have Rizoma's but not your model.
I am gradually adding the Rizoma range to our XR web site, but in the meantime we have them on our Buell site here
We deal direct with the factory so can get most Rizoma parts in 7-10 days if we don't have stock.

You will need to order the adapters for most bar mounted Rizoma mirrors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
seavas! :)
(I'm half austrian)

It's a Harley Davidson accessory part I got it from Ebay at the St.Paul Harley ebaystore.
Part# 68087-08

cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://www.rizoma.com/

the mirror is model "Dynamic" (find it under UNIVERSAL - MIRRORS. you can have it in black, natural or polished finish. You need the adapters with them. I had to modify the left adapter slightly to fit it like on the picture.

Hi from France.
I have baught same mirrors but older and called "Logic"
with adapters BST711B.
Please, could you explain me what you have had to modify on the left one in order to fit?
Thanks very much.:)

·
..bought the bike, not a life style!!!!!!
45 Posts
Hey Benny, have to start a " sub group" for those with Rizoma's & Avon's !!!!
Wish we had the weather you've got
merry Christmas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi from France.
I have baught same mirrors but older and called "Logic"
with adapters BST711B.
Please, could you explain me what you have had to modify on the left one in order to fit?
Thanks very much.:)
Hi,

that's funny. At first I wanted the LOGIC model too but it is outsold and no more in production by rizoma.

I had to grind away some aluminum on the adapter so I could mount it in driving direction like the right one.
When you hold it to the brake lever bracket I'm sure you know what I mean. I took a standard file/rasp to do this. Just grind on the side where the bracket is to big so it still looks untouched when mounted.
I even painted the grinded portion with a black permanent marker so nothing of that blank aluminum blings out.

Hope that helped...

Seb, it's snowy and minus 8 degress celcius right now...
I spend my free time working on my dyna :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's done Benny ! I have my "Logic" Rizoma on my bike.
I did the same thing you did : to rasp just a bit.
:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.