XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My name is Matt and I work for REMUSshop, premier and biggest authorized retailer in the US. As a former distributor for REMUS (MimoUSA), we have a priviliged relationship with REMUS Austria and have extensive knowledge of the different products offered.

As the biggest retailer in North America, we can offer generous discounts not seen anywhere else!

I look forward to exchanging with board members!

Regards,

·
All things considered I'd rather be at the FloraBa
184 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

Welcome to the XR site.:) How did you find us? You will get a lot of questions from this site. We have a lot of motor heads in this site that just want more HP. I Love your way that you have the two into one set-up.. Again WELCOME Matt:):)

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Yes, You guys sent me the spec sheet before the system was available, good support.

I have the Remus header and powercone, love it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the XR site.:) How did you find us? You will get a lot of questions from this site. We have a lot of motor heads in this site that just want more HP. I Love your way that you have the two into one set-up.. Again WELCOME Matt:):)
Actually a fellow member here sent us a PM over on a different forum to advise us this is where it's at:)

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Welcome dude! You gotta cheese burger? ;) Later,

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

We are receiving the XR1200 systems next week and they will ship out immediately. We have a few sets still available!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
What's the main difference between the stock header and Remus or other aftermarket? Seems like two stainless steel tubes leading to mufflers. Look's like there is a diameter increase downstream of the head on the Remus, but wondering if that was R&D to increase HP or TQ. Sure looks nice, but if the headers aren't creating performance gains, I will be looking for slip-ons.

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Look's like there is a diameter increase downstream of the head on the Remus, but wondering if that was R&D to increase HP or TQ. Sure looks nice, but if the headers aren't creating performance gains, I will be looking for slip-ons.
There is quite a big difference in power between full systems and 'slip ons'. I have a custom made 2-1 exhaust that uses the stock headers up to where they would have joined the catalytic converter (Where the US bikes join under the motor), then a custom 2-1 link pipe and free flowing muffler similar to the Remus full system design. This will certainly outperform slip ons but is still around 5bhp less than the Remus full system and a lot less than the Termi or QD systems. I know others that have done a similar conversion and they have dynoed theirs with around the same results....Stock headers are at least 5bhp down on aftermarket designs.

Stock headers are manufactured with lots of design constraints such as cost, emissions regs, noise etc to contend with (the largest being cost) and have to be suitable for cheap mass production, so will undoubtedly be less efficient and less powerful than an exhaust developed solely to improve power.

This is the same for pretty much any bike, and I have yet to see a set of stock pipes outperform a good aftermarket system regardless of manufacturer.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
What's the main difference between the stock header and Remus or other aftermarket? Seems like two stainless steel tubes leading to mufflers. Look's like there is a diameter increase downstream of the head on the Remus, but wondering if that was R&D to increase HP or TQ. Sure looks nice, but if the headers aren't creating performance gains, I will be looking for slip-ons.
This would be a worthy discussion in it's own (without hijacking Matt's welcome thread). Especially since on a HD twin cam the stock the stock headers are thought by some to be one of the most capable options out there for improved stock and mildly built motors. On a 75cc engine, without major porting and TB changes, it would be interesting to see how much improvement changing the header pipes would actually make on a stock configuration that was optimally tuned...

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Your question seems to have already been answered.

Our Slip-On develops 1.3 peak hp gain whereas our complete system with headers develops 4.4 peak hp gain.
The REMUS header is 4.6 kg lighter than OEM as well.

It improves flow through performance focused development and it deletes the catalyser as well.

FYI, black headers are officially now an option. More details to be posted:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts