XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at this footage from Brands Hatch british Superbike round this weekend.

Chris Martin was near the front of the 600 Supersport race on his ZX6 Kawasaki when it appeared to seize entering one of the fastest and scariest turns on the course (and not a place you would normally see a crash!). He was doing around 130mph when the bike let go so would have been travelling at 90mph+ when he hit the gravel. His bounce made him hit the very top edge of the air fence, which then launched him up and over the rest of the crash barriers and into the undergrowth behind the marshalls!

Believe it or not he sustained just a broken wrist

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Bad ass crash but in America you get points for clearing the air fence how about the UK? Glad it's only a broken wrist. :oops: Later,

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad ass crash but in America you get points for clearing the air fence how about the UK? Glad it's only a broken wrist. :oops: Later,
After reading the interviews with Mat Mladin recently i didn't think you had any air fences in the US (at least not at Heartland Park!). This guy scored extra points for artistic merit, although if you watch the marshalls I think they should get points too for bravery (NOT!)

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
He would not be such a ***** if he didn't have such a points lead, I guess it's best for Mladin that Spies went to Yamaha and World Superbike. Rant over. :nono: Later,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.