XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
2011 XR1200X, 2010 XR1200
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2009 XR1200 and a 2011 XR1200x. The 2011 is in showroom shape and the 2009 has had a few "modifications" done to it so I am working on putting a few things back together including a stock speedo and tach versus some digital unit. It also has a lame fairing and headlight that needs to go. I will likely put Ohlins on the 2011 and move the 2011 rears to the 2009.

Anyway looking forward to being part of this site.

How do I get the ability to post on other parts of the forum? I upgraded to the premium membership but still can't respond to some things I would like to.

Thanks!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
Bflagstad, welcome to the forum from Connecticut, looks like a nice pair of XR’s you have.
you should be able to post in other peoples threads, but you need at least 10 posts before you can start a for sale thread in our classified section, we had to institute this policy because of some fraudsters and scammers. I’m surprised you aren’t able to post in other threads, we will have to check into that, in the meantime just post 9 more posts in this thread you started and see what happens.
Thanks
Roy

· Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bflagstad, welcome to the forum from Connecticut, looks like a nice pair of XR’s you have.
you should be able to post in other peoples threads, but you need at least 10 posts before you can start a for sale thread in our classified section, we had to institute this policy because of some fraudsters and scammers. I’m surprised you aren’t able to post in other threads, we will have to check into that, in the meantime just post 9 more posts in this thread you started and see what happens.
Thanks
Roy
Thank you! I'm working on it. I found some stuff I want to buy so working to get to 10! LOL

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Welcome from California. Where are you located? Care to show us some pictures of that digital device you speak of?

· Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks
Roy
So I have 11 posts and a few replies but it won't let me respond to some current for sale ads and I really want to. Can you help me? Also I upgraded to premium but don't see it designated on my account.

Sorry to be a pest

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
...then I click on your name and it states Minnesota.

· Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I have 11 posts and a few replies but it won't let me respond to some current for sale ads and I really want to. Can you help me? Also I upgraded to premium but don't see it designated on my account.

Sorry to be a pest
Looks like I can respond to classifieds now! Thanks, now I need the Premium member designation and all is good.

· Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't blame you there! If you are ever in Florida around May, you should join us for the East Coast Ride. Well, Even if you aren't in Florida, you can still join us. It's a fantastic time.
We actually move to Miami right after Christmas and stay until May. Might stay to mid-May this time and go to F1 race. We don’t bring the bikes down because riding in the Miami area isn’t for everyone! The drivers are crazy down there. My CFO lives in Fort Myers and I borrow a bike from him occasionally and we ride up there. Love Florida in the winter

· Registered
30 Posts
We actually move to Miami right after Christmas and stay until May. Might stay to mid-May this time and go to F1 race. We don’t bring the bikes down because riding in the Miami area isn’t for everyone! The drivers are crazy down there. My CFO lives in Fort Myers and I borrow a bike from him occasionally and we ride up there. Love Florida in the winter
Welcome @Bflagstad! I live in Miami and ride there every day pretty much 😉🙂 I also have 2 XRs along with a few other bikes. We should definitely ride when you get down here, let me know!

1 - 20 of 19 Posts