XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm a road captain with our local H.O.G chapter, I'm in the market for an XR 1200 or 1200x but not looking to pay dealer prices.
I'm in Naples Florida but frequently in Northern Virginia (almost monthly), if anyone knows of a good deal remotely near these locations please let me know!

Thanks in advance, really enjoying the site!

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
welcome from the other coast - good luck with your search

·
Kinder gentler machine gun world
4,489 Posts
Welcome and good luck in your search.........

·
Registered
166 Posts
good luck with your search. i just got £1400 of the list price for a 2012 model in the uk. deals are there if you look and haggle

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
So does your name mean Iron Butt Association Rider, or I Be A Rider?

·
WTF???
15,967 Posts
If you are a HOG Road Captain, and you get an XR1200, your chapter is going to have to learn a completely different riding style. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,609 Posts
If you are a HOG Road Captain, and you get an XR1200, your chapter is going to have to learn a completely different riding style. :cool:
Around these parts, he would be disowned by the Chapter for getting/riding an XR..............just saying. :whistling:

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
nah, He wouldn't be disowned (I used to ride my Buell with the Orange Coast Chapter) but he will be bored riding with them.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
But it comes in "Road Captain Orange", so he'll be easy to see!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, nice to see an good active group on the forums!
The IBA does stand for Iron Butt Association, "Ryder" (my middle name) was taken so I added the IBA last minute it feels a little like a wet shirt but it'll do. I completed my first IBA ride recently on my Fat Boy Lo which I usually ride for anything group related, it's my daily work horse bike and usual mode of transportation. Our chapter is very friendly and accepting of anyone on a Harley so I don't fear being disowned, everyone is fairly easy going and I don't think I'd be riding with them if they were that judgmental, I'd just find other XR riders or call my sport bike friends. I've even done chapter rides on my 883 Iron and while people were amused they were not at all surprised, they know I have a soft spot for quicker and lighter bikes. There are different bikes for different jobs, for me the love just grows. I enjoy riding in all it's forms and put my energy into growing as a rider rather than strapping myself with limitations on one type of bike, I do however feel more at home if it says Harley. If I spent all my time on group rides I'd lose my mind, I ride for myself and don't have room in my bags for insecurity or a big ego. I rode an XR 1200 last week and fell in love with it, next step is putting one in the garage! I have a Kawasaki ZR-7 which will be giving up it's place to make room for XR, it just ain't the one.

·
"...I see the state line in my lights, Engine take
345 Posts
nah, He wouldn't be disowned (I used to ride my Buell with the Orange Coast Chapter) but he will be bored riding with them.
AMEN Brothers!

I am VERY active in my local HOG chapter - at least they have learned NOT to make any more of those "HonDa" jokes when I happen show up on the XR...HELL, they have enough of a challenge 'keeping up' when I'm on one of my other so-called "real" H-D's!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It just means I plan and lead group rides for our local chapter, I have a good relationship with the dealership and brand loyalty, but other than that it makes no difference at all.

·
Too Old To Die Young
2,699 Posts
Welcome IBARyder,I'm a member of the Nene Vally Hog Chapter in the UK and i've found my xr no good for rideouts,it don't like slow riding,so i will have to use my heritage for group rideouts and the xr for fast fun.:scooter:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts