XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have taken pics of the during phase, but it was too easy and went faster than I anticipated, about 1 hour for tail, and another 45min for turn sigs.

The tail light and tidy came from Adrenalin Moto- Great Product. note: AMerican lic plates are too wide and require a home made back plate, and a notching of the tidy.

The mini turn sigs came from Lucky Bike here in the states, total cost with resistors and shipping was $46

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Hey Vecchio
lookin good, a light coat of black tinted clear coat wouldn't look bad on those signal lenses.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, thanks.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Looks very nice, even better than the advertising.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tape helps with the traffic cameras. During festivals, like, I don't know, Mardi Gras, I will put a promo decal from a bar or something on the plate. This is because the meter nazis are not allowed to touch your bike, so, no number, no parking ticket. If a civillian were to be stopped by the police, so long as they were not acting a fool, a simple "I did'nt know it was there, I hate drunk Assh*le tourist." will not result in a ticket either.

Thus concludes Uncle Happy's lecture on countermeasures.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Try that here

Won't work in Florida, new law has a $1,000.00 fine for first offense of "Improperly mounted tag", a felony (?), also a verticely mounted tag, covered, swing away, etc. If it can't be read by the optical reader in FHP cars then it's a grand, $2,500.00 second with possible jail, and a 1 yr suspension of driving privlidges, third $5,000.00, confiscation of bike, mandatory jail (up to 5 yrs) ana a 10 yr revocation of driving privilidges. Same fine structue for 50mph over speed limit, or either wheel leaving ground.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard about those Florida laws, most are drastic but understandable. The ones that have to do with behaving in traffic make sense. If the license granting state Motor vehicle code allows something, the host state cannot enforce equipment laws on said visitor.
Example- If Alabama did not require inspection stickers, but Florida did, the Fl State Police could not write a ticket for an Alabama licensed vehicle for not conforming to FL law.

In Louisiana the handlebars cannot be higher than 15" above the seat, in Fl it may be 14", but you can't site the La vehicle for a Fl equipment infraction.

All said, law should be practiced in the courtroom, not on the street, the best answer is Yes sir, I'm Sorry, Let me Fix That right Now.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stock units, I'm searching for front options.

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Hey! Listen up!

All said, law should be practiced in the courtroom, not on the street, the best answer is Yes sir, I'm Sorry, Let me Fix That right Now.
Y'all pay attention! That's some Dali Lama type advice from someone who know's what he's talking about!!..............Even though it didn't work last week on the Arkansas State Trooper who lasered me .... actually maybe it worked a little...He shot me doing 89 in a 55....I was respectful, apologitic, and polite...he still wrote me up but it was for 74 in a 55....kept me from that "20 MPH over speed limit" catagory...coulda busted my azzzz....I appreciated it!:)

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Look at you go, you little outlaw!!

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Not my fault!!!

Look at you go, you little outlaw!!
I couldn't help it....in a rental car...been drivin' 8 hours....was within 20 miles of my destination.....had to pee....was out of cigarettes.....I was dealin' with a lot of ****, you know? Times like that the gas pedal gets a lot of gravity.....:D

Makes it worse that I'm an Insurance Agent....now I gotta raise my own rates!:D Sucks for me.....

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
... If the license granting state Motor vehicle code allows something, the host state cannot enforce equipment laws on said visitor.
Example- If Alabama did not require inspection stickers, but Florida did, the Fl State Police could not write a ticket for an Alabama licensed vehicle for not conforming to FL law.

In Louisiana the handlebars cannot be higher than 15" above the seat, in Fl it may be 14", but you can't site the La vehicle for a Fl equipment infraction.

Florida has written these as "moving violations" and as such all drivers operating a vehicle in the State of Florida must comply. I have never seen a law regulating tag display written as a moving violation, and certainly not a felony.

Besides, in reality, if a LEO wants to write you,he will. If you have to go to court, even if you are found innocent, you will have been inconvenienced, at the very least. Tick him off enough and he will have you standing on the side of the road until he finds a violation.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
They wouldn't last to long over here, we can filter through traffic so they would just be a pain in the arse, cool though.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
No lane splitting here

As we are forced to be civil here, we are prohibited from lane splitting, thus we could have a eight foot 2 by 4 strapped to the handlebars and still be ok. In fact I did once see a scooter with lumber strapped to the luggage rack.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts