XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
We'll always have Paris
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to my HOG chapter, I have indeed discovered beautiful roads in Switzerland...On some, you could hear the noise of the foot pegs singing:D

This year, we welcome a new american member. During the first three rides, he and his electra were completely lost in all these moutains.Where were the highways he asked :D. However, we didn't make fun of him: he made Geneva-Prague two ways trip in one day in a kind of iron butt challenge. :eek:

·
Warning! Fat people are harder to kidnap.
1,373 Posts
Awesome pictures. I guess in Switzerland runoff in the turns is on back order huh? A HIGHSIDE would be off the highside. Great riding for sure! :) Later,

G

·
My grand-father says "these yankees are really weird people but don't forget that they save our country in 1945. So be respectful". Amen:D

well my grandma was in austria by the time of 1945 and she liked the americans the less of all the allied guys...

great pics jura..man I got to take my camera with me the next time I go out for a ride :)

·
We'll always have Paris
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On usual ride with my chapter, we are about 40 Harley...two securities guys with yellow jacket on the front, two on the rear:rolleyes:

I guess you wonder where is the pleasure?:D Well, it's simple: you just leave your brain at home, insert you in the group and ride...You don't care about the road to follow, you don't care about dangerous cars, you don't try to speed up, you're not concerned about where to eat and stop...You just relax, enjoy your bike at medium speed and benefit from beautiful scenery...You're with friends who, like you, love Harley, good food and good drink (if possible). You also discover new and beautiful roads. Of course, it's just a part of my bike life. I also drive with my brother in law and its BMW. That's the reason why I bought an additional bike: Street Bob for cool cruising with my chapter buddies, XR1200 to enjoy more agressive rides with one or two friends. Different bikes for different pleasures!

Last summer, I was with my chapter at the European HOG rally in Italy. Great ride, great music, great beers!!!

I know some bikers hate HOG chapters. They talk about money, marketing, group driving and so on...To be honest, I don't care...I have pleasure in different driving ways and that's what is important!

I don't think I will use my XR1200 for chapter rides...Indeed, it will be too frustrating. From time to time, we see some new members in the chapter with V-ROD...They don't stay much long, having difficulties to find their place in our slow group. XR1200 is a race bike which is not, in my opinion, designed for this kind of group rides.

Man, I just couldn't do that group thing, i would get so frustrated.

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Yea dude, you just do your own thing and enjoy ;)
You dont sound much like most of the HOG characters i have come across, so good luck to ya.
And if in the future you hear me say anything derogatory about HOG, i wasn't talking about you :D :)

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Jurabiker

You don't want Scotty on a group ride! He'd be block passing, elbowing guys off the pavement, banging bars like a motocrosser in the first corner! It'd be fun to watch though!:)

G

·
I like to ride alone or in small groups of 2 to 4 bikes...

sometimes I ride with my neighbour who has a 883L...lol...after a few turns I usually have to wait for him...

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Around 12 years ago a guy i know rang me and asked if i wanted to take my bike to a TV shoot and i would get £100 for just parking it up for an hour, so i said OK.
What he didn't say is there were gonna be six or seven of his HOG buddy's going to, so i met them not far from where i live, and off we go, around 40 miles on the motorway. They are doing around 55mph so i get pissed off with this and pull up next to the guy i know and shouted to him, i will see you there, and off i go on my merry way.
When they eventually turned up around an hour after me :eek: one of these guys came storming over to me ranting on about the fact that i had overtaken the road captain!!
I looked at him and said in my best Sunday voice "Fuck Off" so he gently just wandered away, with a bright red face and a flea in his ear.
I went over to the guy with the money got my £100 and buzzed off.....The road captain! i have never heard such nonsense in all my days:rolleyes:
Twas funny though :D

·
We'll always have Paris
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HOG chapter experience depends on the members you meet...My chapter is swiss which makes a huge difference, in my opinion, with french ones. Generally speaking, French people experience difficulties with following rules. Moreover, they have a problem with money, getting esaily jealous when their neighboor has a more expensive bike than them. Your experience is not a suprise to me...In HOG rides, you must stay at your place. Imagine if every bike is moving in a 40 bikes convoy!!!

Definitely, your "funny" experience shows that HOG chapter can't offer you the type of ride you like...Maybe you will change in 30 years! Full electra glide with GPS, Radio and TV:D

G

·
Around 12 years ago a guy i know rang me and asked if i wanted to take my bike to a TV shoot and i would get £100 for just parking it up for an hour, so i said OK.
What he didn't say is there were gonna be six or seven of his HOG buddy's going to, so i met them not far from where i live, and off we go, around 40 miles on the motorway. They are doing around 55mph so i get pissed off with this and pull up next to the guy i know and shouted to him, i will see you there, and off i go on my merry way.
When they eventually turned up around an hour after me :eek: one of these guys came storming over to me ranting on about the fact that i had overtaken the road captain!!
I looked at him and said in my best Sunday voice "**** Off" so he gently just wandered away, with a bright red face and a flea in his ear.
I went over to the guy with the money got my £100 and buzzed off.....The road captain! i have never heard such nonsense in all my days:rolleyes:
Twas funny though :D
I just had a good laugh reading that...holy crap...road captain? Damn I overtake whoever I want to lol...I'd even overtake Peter Fonda on Captain America and have a laugh at his crappy-handling bike...
Road Captain...jesus...LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.