XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the site and I'm seriously considering a XR. Ive been riding my Dyna Wide Glide for the past 15 years and am looking for a 2nd bike, a back road burner so to speak!!. Before my wide glide I rode a Moto Guzzi SP1000, a 78 0r 79 Triumph Bonneville, Suzuki GT750, I had a 71Triumph tiger in my teens, and rode the heck out of a 1975 Yamaha XS 650 in my college days. I haven't been able to ride an XR but it seems like it would be the perfect bike. I'll keep my 1995 wide glide as I bought it new and regretted selling all the other bikes I've owned.

Question...I thought that only 750 2009 XR,s for the US are being sold? My dealer told me that the 750 were just the 2009 pre-sales and all the rest of the 2009's are a 2nd run. Is this true. My dealer has an Orange one coming in first week in June. I kinda like the black ones but from what I've read the Orange ones are a bit faster!!!! My wife says go and get one and she likes orange so orange it is.

Great owners Group!!! I've been enjoying reading all your posts.

Jack

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Hey Jack, welcome aboard mate.

Only advise i could give you is, go get it...Sorry i meant to say, try and have a test ride if you can, no sorry, i got it right first time.....Go get it :D

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Jacko!

Welcome Jacko! Reading the description of your biking history I can tell you that you are gonna dig this bike......and definately go with the Orange, not only is it faster, but, with your own wife as evidence, chicks dig it more!:eek:

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Welcome Jacko

Glad to see someone else has noticed the orange bikes seem to attract the ladies, follow your wifes advice, go for it. I got mine (orange) in Jan, and it has become my favorite ride. I also have a 1978 Bonneville, a 2000 Triumph Sprint, a 2001 BMW K1200LT and just recently aquired a 1983 Moto Guzzi LeMans

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Jacko, Welcome to your forum...snoop around, you'll like what you find. And for goodness sake, go buy an XR.

·
Crikey mate!
230 Posts
Yes, there was a first release of 750 (Orange only) XR's that qualified for a special#1 plate and letter from the MoCo. That offer has expired and other colours (black and pewter) should now also be available (I think the 2nd run versions also come with security system as an option).

I can confirm that the XR makes for a great 2nd bike - back road burner - and is an excellent compliment to owning a Dyna.

And yes, chicks dig the Orange colour (so does my wife ;))

Now go do what you know needs to be done... :D

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
The XR makes a perfect 2nd bike. It is my 2nd to my Kawasaki Concours. For the long hauls, cushy cruising, etc. Go for the Dyna. When you want to really burn up some backroads, riding in town, commuting, the XR is hard to beat for the fun factor. I can attest, we have 2 orange and 1 black in my town. I haven't seen the other orange one yet, but I can blow the black one into the weeds. :D Really, I think the orange makes the perfect XR1200. I think the black makes a beautiful standard motorcycle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts