XR1200 Owners Group banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
sorry, don't mean to hijack Corey's thread
Power Vision, comes with basic autotune using stock narrow band O2 sesors.
additionally you can buy the Autotune Pro kit (part# AT-110) for an additional $359.00, which comes with a auto tune module and 2 Wide Band O2 sensors.
yes you are correct, but you don't have to buy the auto tune pro..it just does a better job than the stock auto tune feature that come with the power vision unit.
Regards
Roy

· Let's Ride
679 Posts
After looking at the Fuel Moto site, I see there is a Autotune module for the PC5, which I have. Maybe this is the route I need to go to fix a decel pop I want to get rid of.
Thanks Roy, maybe this info can help others.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I bought it off eBay, and another Member said I could ship it to him, then he shipped it to me. Not legal for sale in CA so they would not ship it to a CA Address.

Reactions: Chipmaker

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hijack away, no complaints from me. Maybe there are other people looking to do the same thing and as these bikes get older, certain parts are becoming no longer available.

All of this is good information.

Reactions: Chipmaker

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
If one really wants to know if these are being discontinued you can send an email to Dynojet and ask. I don’t see them listed for sale on eBay anymore so that’s never a good sign.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I sent Dynojet an email about the status of the Power Vision J1850 I own, and will reply with their answer.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
This just in…

Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

· Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Hell, I still have a new SERT sitting waiting for some future early Big Twin project

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I do like the readout information of the PV while riding, and being able to choose 6 of the many real-time options to display at the same time while riding.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
BRG started the tuning process, after a little communication Problem. If a place doesn't ask for your expectations before you arrive, make it known what you expect, and again before you arrive. I was told their process was to tune it one day, then recheck it again the next. The day I scheduled to drop it off, I only found out when I arrived that they could not have it back the following day, but later that week. It wasn't till I told them Wednesday, that If they don't start it by Thursday(yesterday), that I'd have to pick it up on Monday, so don't start on it, I will reschedule for another time. I only have Sunday's and Mondays off, and they are closed on weekends. I get a phone call that they started on it yesterday, it will be complete today, and I'll still pick it up Monday Morning. It's about a 45 mile ride to this place from my home.

Anyhow, they have not got back to me with the email I sent asking about the O2 Sensors, but they said in a phone conversation, the tune that is in there from the previous tuner, has a top end flat-spot they are tuning out. I bet every tuner rolls their eyes about whoever tuned it last, to get your business and referrals, but we will see what the results are Monday Morning when I pick it up. I will be getting a complete print-out with air/fuel, and a comparrison of how it came in, and the new tune. That is what I was told over the phone. More later.

Because most of us are old, I remember the News telling us "Film at 11."

Font Rectangle Blazer Event Formal wear

· Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
I'd be suspect. The "top end flat spot" is one small part of the tune - a few cells at WOT. Hopefully the are focusing on much more than that, for what they are charging you.

You want more than just the WOT pull and final AFR line. They should be able to talk you through what they did across the full map, how they tuned to determine optimal WOT and partial throttle AFR, and how many dyno runs they did across all rpm and throttle combinations. Plus they should be able to tell you what they did with timing, and why.

You only run that WOT AFR line on a dyno or drag strip. Usually you are running in a different part of the AFR table.

Reactions: CoreyDSFA

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
When I talked to them yesterday, they said they have the bottom and mid range all figured out but it went flat towards the top so that was the last part they were working on at the time, finishing today. I appreciate your comments and feedback, and I will be sure to ask them about those things when I pick it up.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Got a call from BRG around noon Friday, and they are stating they hear some noise coming from the engine, and do not want to proceed untill they investigate it. I ask them how much more on the dyno before they are complete, and they say they are almost complete. I bite, and ask how much more do they need from me to investigate this sound? They quote me an hour at $145.00. I allow them to check and adjust the primary chain if needed, but report back to me if it does/doesn't cure the noise. Now I am up to $795.00. I get a call back a little later and they state the sound is still there, so they cannot finish the dyno. I told them to stop and I will pick it up on my next day off, Monday. At this point what is my total? $722.50 (they only charged me 1/2 of the total additional amount for labor checking engine noise). They said I could come back and finish the dyno after the engine noise is corrected.

Monday morning I will be there at 10:00 to pick it up and ride it home. I have no idea just how bad/loud the engine noise is until I hear it, so I will have to wait and see. I will also ask for the dyno sheets promised to me showing the first run, and the final run, and the information I still have not heard back from about the O2 Sensors.

Not too impressed with this place at this point, and I am not too sure I can recommend them. Might be jumping to conclusions, but communication from them is not as what I would have hoped for as a first time visitor. I will investigate the noisy area on my own when I get it home(fingers crossed), and check the chain tension, removing the primary cover if needed. I have a new cover gasket too. Depending on the print-out on how much has been left on the table by them not being able to finish, will depend on if I return or not. It had better not cost me any more $$ if I do.

More later Monday afternnoon.

· Registered
XR1200 2009
76 Posts
Got a call from BRG around noon Friday, and they are stating they hear some noise coming from the engine, and do not want to proceed untill they investigate it. I ask them how much more on the dyno before they are complete, and they say they are almost complete. I bite, and ask how much more do they need from me to investigate this sound? They quote me an hour at $145.00. I allow them to check and adjust the primary chain if needed, but report back to me if it does/doesn't cure the noise. Now I am up to $795.00. I get a call back a little later and they state the sound is still there, so they cannot finish the dyno. I told them to stop and I will pick it up on my next day off, Monday. At this point what is my total? $722.50 (they only charged me 1/2 of the total additional amount for labor checking engine noise). They said I could come back and finish the dyno after the engine noise is corrected.

Monday morning I will be there at 10:00 to pick it up and ride it home. I have no idea just how bad/loud the engine noise is until I hear it, so I will have to wait and see. I will also ask for the dyno sheets promised to me showing the first run, and the final run, and the information I still have not heard back from about the O2 Sensors.

Not too impressed with this place at this point, and I am not too sure I can recommend them. Might be jumping to conclusions, but communication from them is not as what I would have hoped for as a first time visitor. I will investigate the noisy area on my own when I get it home(fingers crossed), and check the chain tension, removing the primary cover if needed. I have a new cover gasket too. Depending on the print-out on how much has been left on the table by them not being able to finish, will depend on if I return or not. It had better not cost me any more $$ if I do.

More later Monday afternnoon.
C‘mon Corey, you‘re so much into this bike, you would have noticed any kind of an unhealthy noise for sure. Looking forward to the update.
On a sidenote, my XR has started to produce a noise at exactly 4000rpm, not before nor after. It sounds like a loose clamp vibrating, no clue where.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Yes I would have. I’ll see how many miles it has on it since I dropped it off too.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts