XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In full swing again, and providing yet more stunning photographs. I have been watching the TT for years and still can't get my head around these guys averaging around 130mph for a lap around the 37 mile public road course. If this happened to me it would be time for a change of underwear and a long lie down in a dark room , but these guys do this sort of thing corner after corner, bump after bump, lap after lap, mile after mile. I am in awe:whistling:

Valentino Rossi was a special guest at this year's event, and as well as doing a 'flying lap' (at speeds of over 150mph on the mountain section) he watched the Superbike race and presented trophies to the top 3. At one point he was at Ago's leap watching John McGuinness fly past in the lead and asked what the speed would be at that point. When told it was around 160mph his reply was......'Fack!'

Quite.

Rossi (centre) prepares to set off around the TT course in company with Marc Potter (editor of MCN) and an old fella called Giacomo Agostini :D

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Matt!!!!!

Those pic's are unbelievable!! More, More!! What a dream to go to the Isle of Mann.....definately on my bucket list....

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
Its amazing, anyone thats into racing should make the trip at least once.
One of my claims to fame is Joey Dunlop told me to **** off, because i told him his leg wasnt really broken, he was just scared of racing the Rotary Norton :D

·
ILL NEVER GROW UP JUST GROW OLD
148 Posts
now thats real racing I love it & ive been hooked for years Ive been 6 times to the TT but Ive given it a miss this year so Im off to the southern 100 on the IOM in july for 4 days & cant wait to get there & thrash the xr around the course I bet I dont get more than 2 laps on a tank.

I also do the scarborough meetings which are well worth a look its on a public road but not as wide.

as for the TT well 1 word

"AMAZING"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.