XR1200 Owners Group banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Okay here we go.Put the Daymaker in and happy not to se any fire when IGN on....Lets see how long it will last.++.

Lowest price on flea bay DOT aproved 33,-$.

Sear XR 004 (Large).jpg Sear XR 005 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks good .

Post up your thoughts once you ride a bit at night .

I think I remember hearing that while the distance view is better , that the width is actually decreased ?

George

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I dont drive too much at night.When its later in the year i use my car ......)))))).My way home fom my work is very dark and there are a lot of Animals form Foxes up to Deers.
Tonight its the first time to go home in the dark..lets see.T for the reply.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My Chinese "Daymaker" is still going after several years and i inspired several others to purchase the knockoff daymaker after seeing how bright mine was. I still have the same opinion on my larger 7" headlight in the XR. No need for a change.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good to be back around. To quote the lyrics of one of Willie Nelson's newest songs, "I woke up still not dead again today". The smaller size daymakers look like a little snowman if you look at them just right.

·
Minnesota XR Rider
118 Posts
I am a sucker for good lighting!! So much so I sprung for the JW Speaker Model 8690 Adaptive headlight. This is the ticket for night riding on the curves. I highly recommend if you can afford it.

Doc

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Rehashing an old thread. See and be seen. I hate having that dark area in front of the beam. It is on all new cars too, so a slight headlight adjustent has been what I have done. Not adjusting it as to blind the on-coming, but just enought to see further down the road. an HID

On my 85 GPz I have this from DDM Tuning, turing the stock glass square lense H4 Bulb, to an HID hi-low. 35w or 55w and many choices of buld coloring if you fancy, and oh what a huge difference in night vision. No place to hide the balasts on the XR, but so much better lighting for a lot less that the H-D Daymaker.
DDM Tuning

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
ebay

·
Registered
797 Posts
The headlight above is as bright as anything out there and pretty durable. The ones with the little "snowman" have the best pattern. I installed the exact same cheap 5 3/4" headlight in the ol ladys Honda Shadow and it wound up with the headlight underwater for a minute or two last year. Went down in high water on Interstate. It was still burning with a puddle of water in the lens and still worked after i figured a way to drain all the water out after we got home. I replaced it for good measure and gave it away. I think it's still working just fine. I run the larger 7" headlight in my XR and i finally went with a LED about 2 years ago once i finally found one in the larger size with the snowman pattern. They are not easy to find in the larger size. It was a better and brighter headlight than the E code with the 80/100 bulb. The only thing i can see wrong is some of the earlier knockoff "daymakers" had a weaker high beam and not as good low beam pattern than the later designs. I've had my hands on several to compare and the later ones made in the last few years have better beam patterns with a flat wide low beam and focused high beam. It seems as the designs got better the Chinese kept copying them. LOL

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
1,827 Posts
Had my Daymaker knockoff from Eagle Lighting in for a few years now. $70 AUD shipped from Singapore to Melbourne. Working great, no complaints.

J.

·
Super Moderator
8,227 Posts
I paid $200 for the Harley daymaker, it works great except for the fact that inside is wet from condensation, and is always there, never could figure out a way to get rid of it
regards
Roy

21 - 34 of 34 Posts