XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo from snowy New Hampshire, where it snows alot. Because of all the snow I have a lot of time to ride the computer. I've been following the XR talk on the other Sportster site and came along for the ride. I've got an XR 1200 (#228) in my shed with 7 miles on it. No more than 200 feet of those miles are mine! I've also got a small collection of other bikes because like you guys, I really like mototrcycles.

·
911...What's your emergency?
35 Posts
Welcome Peter !! I feel your pain with the snow ! But in Southern Ontario the snow is almost gone !!! My XR comes out of storage April 9. :D

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
welcome!

New Hampshire? Hmmmm, I'm thinking Nathaniel Hawthore novels and maple syrup!

If its not snow its something else.....its gonna be 80 on the gulf coast today....but its too foggy to ride! Whatareyagonna do?

Anyway, glad to have you on the forum!

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Peter, you will find a different kind of forum here, almost all XR. The guys are well versed in motorcycles, many different bikes represented as second (3rd,7th,20th, etc) bikes. A lot of good info, not too much bull (ok, a lot of bull, not too much negativity). It's a friendly forum, with a good moderator, he will let you know when you are out of line.

I have been here from the start, almost, and I haven't found anyone here I don't enjoy.

Share some of your background and experiences. Watch out for threads dealing with the use of rear brakes, seems to bring something out in these guys.

Enjoy !!!

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
its gonna be 80 on the gulf coast today....but its too foggy to ride!

The fog will burn off by 9 or 10, it's already gone from 100% humidity to 99%. Yesterday was beautiful, warm and sunny.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
The fog will burn off by 9 or 10, it's already gone from 100% humidity to 99%. Yesterday was beautiful, warm and sunny.
Ha! yeah, but I gotta go to the dealer, plug my tire, then figure out how to make the truck/bike transfer.....

I gotta buy a trailer!:)

·
A few roos short in the front paddock
88 Posts
Greetings from down south Peter,
It least I am learning a bit about geography. Just looked up New Hampshire.
When can you get out & ride?
It would be a frustrating business waiting for the snow to melt. Hope you enjoyed your 200 foot ride.
marx :)

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Hey Peter, welcome to the forum. I'm near Cleveland in the Great Lakes snow belt. It's nice to have someone that can relate to my pain. Your bike has 7 more miles on it than mine. Any day now.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts