XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thank you for the warm welcome.
My name is Aaron and I hail from Bristol in the South West.
I haven't ridden for about 10 years but decided it was time to get back in the saddle.
I happened accross "harley" and fell in love with it.
After buying it, I took both practical tests on my Xr1200 and have done nearly 1k miles on it in the past 3 weeks and absolutely love it.
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Plant

It's not complicated enough to scare me off of maintaining it myself, it's not fast (by bike standards)
It's not comfortable (by bike standards)
But it is so damn cool and I smile every time I sit on it.
Never considered a harley, I was going to get something much more sensible like a tiger (but if I were being sensible I wouldn't buy a bike 🤷🏻‍♂️)
but I love the Xr1200, its mine and its awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Welcome from California. Enjoy your new ride, and you will get noticed on it.

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,439 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Yes the XR is truly addictive. Had mine 12 years in July and what a a ride it's been. Basically fun, fun, fun, but there's no Daddy to take the T-bird away. The forum here is an extremely useful adjunct to XR ownership which adds a whole other dimension to having one. I have made a number of great friendships internationally here and actually met some of them. So best wishes with it and don't hesistate to post up your queries and pics, we love assisting and solving "issues".
Cheers,

J.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum mate. Yes the XR is truly addictive. Had mine 12 years in July and what a a ride it's been. Basically fun, fun, fun, but there's no Daddy to take the T-bird away. The forum here is an extremely useful adjunct to XR ownership which adds a whole other dimension to having one. I have made a number of great friendships internationally here and actually met some of them. So best wishes with it and don't hesistate to post up your queries and pics, we love assisting and solving "issues".
Cheers,

J.
Much appreciated, looking forward to it 👍🏻

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Much appreciated, looking forward to it 👍🏻
I have noticed already the warm welcomes and love for the machines, looks like a fantastic spot.
Welcome from California. Enjoy your new ride, and you will get noticed on it.
Yes, harley Deffinitely draws a lot of attention. Some hate it, most love it.
But very few know what it is (even harley riders)
I have even been asked "does it sound like a harley?"
Starting it up answered that question 😂😂

·
Administrator
8,481 Posts
Welcome from across the pond in Connecticut, USA., looks like a very nice XR you have.
Anything you want, or need to know about your XR, you can find here…all you have to do is ask.
if you’re anywhere near Kent, or Maidstone, there is a gentleman there named Boz, who is a real wizard with matters pertaining to the XR1200. Just another resource that might be local to you.
of course, the best resource is right here, at the XROG!
Regards
Roy

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
We are an H-D Group like that of Dyna Owners. We only sell when we can’t ride them anymore. No clubs, no vests, and the backroads are our choice of roads.

Reactions: raven and Chrstphr

·
Don't touch me there!
1,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Cincinnati Ohio USA, congrats on getting your XR! As others have said there is a great community of UK riders that you can hopefully connect with and this forum is a really great resource and community itself - we're glad you found us!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts