·
california dreaming
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i have been reading this form for about 3 weeks i had to join
in! i bought my xr1200 in late may ,no test ride for this model
or vrod. problems with front forks(diving&clunking)took it to
dealer &was told (after2servicemen drove it )that it was not an
import&it was ok.i noticed it gets very hot ! so i changed oil&filter &put in amsoil synthetic 20-50.i have xieds coming for
O2 sensors.i like the bike despite the above!i am looking at the
remus fuel adjuster from iron horse in britain.would like to
know if anyone has used this unit.thanks:scooter:

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Welcome leew. These bikes do seem hot compared to others but not really an issue. Part of the heat you feel is flowing off the oil cooler, showing it is doing its job.
Personally I think the XiEDS are a complete waste of money and SOME others here tend to agree. Others think they are OK.
You might also look at our product the Top Fueler here's a thread about it. http://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/site/showthread.php?t=1004&highlight=fueler

We have sold 6 of them to members here and so far they seem to like them. Simple to use and priced right. the Powerizer seems like a nice unit as well.

By the way, we are near you, offices in San Dimas and warehouse in Irwindale! Where did you get your bike, Laidlaw's?

Also curious about the front end clunk, haven't heard of that from anyone else.

Don

·
california dreaming
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome streettracker! yes i bought my orange
xr1200 from laidlaws(good guess).its my first hd .also own1971
cb750boredto836,1983cb1100f all bought new& i had ridden
these models before purchasing.i like my xr1200,even if laidlaws service dept.says the forks are ok(they just won't work
like an import-this is their quote).i want to try the xieds that
are in the mail but i may take you up on the fueler your company makes .i am a retired mechanic,i jetted &set up the
carbs on my old bikes,but fi &computers are a different ball
game:(

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Leew, welcome to your forum and congrats on the new rig!
Forks shouldn't be clunking, etc. Take it to a different dealer.

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard Leew. Agree with the group that forks should not be clunking. Find a dealer that will work to fix the problem. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.