XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I follow Iconic Motorbikes to see their collection of very desirable bikes, they sell, auction and work on customers bikes. They source their bikes from all over the world particularly Japan and the UK.

I was surprised to see them working on an XR1200, a particularly well modified example that looks somehow familiar.

I hope the video works.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts

· Let's Ride
697 Posts
I follow Iconic Motorbikes to see their collection of very desirable bikes, they sell, auction and work on customers bikes. They source their bikes from all over the world particularly Japan and the UK.

I was surprised to see them working on an XR1200, a particularly well modified example that looks somehow familiar.

I hope the video works.

I follow them also. They have some really cool bikes.

· used ta could
2,487 Posts

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Cant get a good look at right bar assembly to check for the master/brake, or license plate to see either. I knew that John bought the bike in Orange, then changed the bodywork to the silver. After it sold, is was found being sold again. Don’t know why the video shows it with an orange tank, but not sure if it is the same bike?? He changed the added Gilles Rearsets for stock.

Here was the bike for sake after John sold it.

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I agree, the front end (forks, wheel, calipers, brake lines, rotors, and front end) is exactly the same. John sold the Rossmeyer Tail, as I drove down to pick it up, and shipped it to Jeremy Connors.

So, this bike sold to John:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Became this bike, selling to someone else:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Then finally relisted and sold again to who knows who:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

That's my theory, and I am sticking to it. I don't know what happened to John, as his User Name changed to what looks like a zip code after he sold the bike. The Bungee Bars he added from the 3 sets I had, and left side bag were still on the bike at the end, but not seen in the video. How old is that video? I can't locate it on Iconic Motorbikes Youtube Page?

· Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Thanks Skiddy for those pictures from all the way across the pond. The picture of the revolver throttle with a very short hose for a master cylinder, seals the deal and it is the same bike. Somebody must’ve removed the bungee bars.

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest update just released! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts