XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets be honest, how many here have done a little wheelie , gone 30 mph (50 kph) over the speed limit or that was something along that line. ( Dragon Ride ???)
About ten years ago, here in Ontario they came out with the Stunting or Racing law as a catchall to cover everything.
It was mainly focused at the guys doing 100 mph wheelies or car guys thought they were in "Fast and Furious" but was used for everything. One rider was threatened with it for standing on the pegs while crossing train tacks.
If caught, You lose your license on the spot for week, your bike or car was impounded for a week at your cost. Then you seen the Judge to see what fines and how long you would lose your license.
All told it was going to cost you thousands of dollars.
Thing is there were already laws covering all this ( dangerous driving can mean jail time)
Now they have changed it, to 30 day license suspension and your car or bike impounded for 30 days at your cost, before you see a judge.
Thing is the impound places charge what they like.
I know of one case where a guy went down, was not hurt bad but had to go to hospital.
Police had the bike towed to a garage, on problem.
when he went to get the bike the next day, the bill was $600.
So if they impound you bike for 30 days, you could be looking at $3000 to $6000 or more to just get your bike back.
When this law first came out ten years ago some young guys said they would run instead of getting caught.
The results where not. good. One local kid ran and crashed before the officer could give chase, he is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
With the changes to the law I think this going to happen more often.
I know I have gone over the 50mph limit at times, I mean who here hasn't dropped down a few gears and wound it to redline now and again.
As you can see I failed English comp in school.
Sorry for the long post.

·
the older I get.the faster I was
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry in the last, I meant to say 50 KPH not 50 MPH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts