XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Creaks When Walks...
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~

Hello, Folks.

First I want to say I appreciate the invite to be here, and it looks like this place will be a lot of fun. Thanks to Tom for sticking his neck out to put it together and for letting me know about it.

As for me, I'm just an old motorcyclist from the 1970's. Raced bikes a lot along the way, both off and on pavement. Spent much of my youth as a mechanic and ended up being a dealer along the way, both two wheels and four. Spent some time in auto racing which took me away from bikes for a bit over a decade, but I couldn't stay away forever. :D

I love motorcycles, and they have probably done more to shape me and my life than any other single influence outside of my family.

I love my XR1200, too, and I'm glad to be part of this board. Hope I can do my part to contribute.

Thanks!

Dallara

~

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
I know DfW is almost in Oklahoma, but come on your not alone.

·
Creaks When Walks...
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops!

~

Damn, Doug...

I'm sorry. I just forgot you were up there trapped in the Manic Maniac Metroplex! :D :eek: :D

Guess I should have said "Token SOUTH Texan", eh? ;)

Glad we're both here, though.

Thanks!

Dallara

~

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
just being there's a heck of a deal..

I guess my 3 years in Abilene don't count for much!

For any members that haven't experienced it Texas is like no other state in the union. The people are different, the geography is different, its all a very cool place. Lots of pride and they mean it when they say, "Don't mess with Texas."

I once rode across Texas, hit Port Arther at sundown, El Paso at sunrise...I was hauling ass as they say...but that was one long night!

Don't want to do that again.

·
Creaks When Walks...
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lone Star State...

~

Like they say...

"Texas - It's like a whole other country."

Hell, right now I wish we here in Texas would secede from the union and truly become a whole other country!!! ;)

Hail the Republic of Texas! :D

Thanks!

Dallara

~

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
~

Like they say...

"Texas - It's like a whole other country."

Hell, right now I wish we here in Texas would secede from the union and truly become a whole other country!!! ;)

Hail the Republic of Texas! :D

Thanks!

Dallara

~
Are you going to the R.O.T. rally this year?

·
Creaks When Walks...
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R.o.t....

~

Pretty doubtful I'll be at the R.O.T.

Between a couple of cross-country rides I have planned and our AHRMA vintage MX schedule it is going to be nigh onto impossible to even consider it. For instance, one of our favorite events, the AHRMA weekend in Casey, IL is the exact same June 11-14, 2009 weekend.

Pretty hard to be in Casey, Illinois and Austin, Texas on the same weekend... :D

Besides, I'm really not that big on HUGE national rallies and get-togethers like that... Too many constabulary... Prices jacked too high... Too many amateur drunks... Too many "bikers" with an "attitude"... Just too many people sometimes.

You going???

You want to get on our mailing list for Hill Country and Big Bend rides???

Thanks!

Dallara

~

·
Keeping Them Flying
183 Posts
~

Pretty doubtful I'll be at the R.O.T.

Between a couple of cross-country rides I have planned and our AHRMA vintage MX schedule it is going to be nigh onto impossible to even consider it. For instance, one of our favorite events, the AHRMA weekend in Casey, IL is the exact same June 11-14, 2009 weekend.

Pretty hard to be in Casey, Illinois and Austin, Texas on the same weekend... :D

Besides, I'm really not that big on HUGE national rallies and get-togethers like that... Too many constabulary... Prices jacked too high... Too many amateur drunks... Too many "bikers" with an "attitude"... Just too many people sometimes.

You going???

You want to get on our mailing list for Hill Country and Big Bend rides???

Thanks!

Dallara

~
I've benn to R.O.T. 5 or six times and it's getting to be the same thing even when I skip a year so I'm not sure yet.

The hill country and Big Bend rides sound good though.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Born in Harris County, grew up on Galveston Island, and a certified member of the "300". How in the hell did I land in New Orleans?

·
Creaks When Walks...
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting...

~

Now that's a bit weird...

I was born in Houston (Harris county, of course), and spent the first three years of my life in Galveston. Parents moved us to Corpus Christi in 1958. Been here ever since except for stints in Bryan/College Station, TX and Indianapolis, IN.

I'd sure like to move up to the Texas Hill Country one of these days, though...

Got a few friends in Louisiana, though... Great people.

Dallara

~

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
Being from Texas is like being Irish, everybody has a connection.

G

·
Nothing to add here other than to say the nicest people I ever met in my months of touring the US were all from Texas. Beautiful land, great people, crazy accent :D

G

·
Also, the internationally recognised term for an American being a "Yank" doesn't go down so well in Texas....
Very, very true :mad:

About as well as calling an Ozzie a Brit ;)

What's this token Texan crap?

My XR1200 has "Native Texan" plates on it, so I guess yours can be the "token" :D

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Chirpy!

Welcome......can always use another texan ... ... I guess...

Start a new thread and tell us who you are!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts