XR1200 Owners Group banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· There's a fine line between tough and dumb...
984 Posts
Still around at 70, been on the forum since 2012. The '12 XRx is still in the garage, sharing space and riding time with four other bikes.

Reactions: CoreyDSFA

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Being 56, and not having any children that I know of, I am much younger than my age. You that are older than me, give me hope that I'll be riding my XR for many years to come. My wife does know there is a loophole in our marriage clause that states "...till death do us part". :eek: She has been warned to play fair.

· Registered
2,687 Posts
Scotty, A blast from the past, as they say. The last time we exchanged comments, I was talking about growing up in Glasgow, and how I never managed to make a Clootie Dumpling as good as my old Granny. I"ll turn 83 next month and as the age thread says "Be dead soon". I still ride, although I sadly sold my XR a couple of years ago. Rode a Thruxton R for a while, and then a Street Triple. I currently have a Honda CB500F, very user-friendly, and a nicely cleaned up 84 Honda Ascot VT500, but I am heading inevitably towards a CanAm Spyder.
I still drop in here on occasion. Like the song says, "You can check out, but you can never leave...."
This was without a doubt, the most entertaining motorcycle forum I ever belonged to, and you were a big part of the entertainment.................:cool:
Harry

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,688 Posts
Great to hear from you, Harry. Also to know you still ride. You're an inspiration. Lot of guys are pushing a walking frame at your age, or waiting for a nurse to come along and wipe the porridge off their bib. You're seeing yourself on a Can Am. Outstanding! God bless, mate.

J.

But incidentally, if you ever do find yourself waiting for a nurse to wipe that porridge off, pinch them on the butt for me. And ask for my room to be allocated next to yours, eh?

· Registered
2011 XR1200X
5 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm in so much good company at 68. Got my 11 xrx a few months back but have not had time to ride. Previous owner was a collector and only went to local shows. The beast only had 300 miles put on since 2016. Still has less than 2200 on the clock. I need to get in for a service and replace the original tires before I start putting miles on the bike. My knees went south in 2014 so I sold the GSXR and gave up riding. That lasted until 2015 when Harley brought out the really light XG750. Great small bike for around town but that wasn't what I was looking for. Gave up riding again and sold the XG. Everyone said to buy a trike. Hell no. I still spent a lot of time on Craigslist just looking. When I came across the XR1200x I couldn't resist. Went to Phoenix to see and test ride. I'm glad that I took a trailer since I had to have it. I am looking forward to many miles on this bike and really appreciate all the info on this forum. Thanks guys

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
Welcome Twinbratz, from Connecticut, looks like you got a nice low mileage X model, hopefully you’ll get along with the ergos of the bike, you can get risers for the handlebars, and lower foot pegs to suit your riding style, my advice is to keep it stock, put a few miles on it and see how it feels.
Good choice replacing the old tires, that alone will make a difference.
Anything you want, or need to know about your XR1200, You can find here…all you have to do is ask.
post up a few photos when you can, maybe start a new thread in the introduce yourself section.

Regards
Roy

· Registered
97 Posts
62, got a few Top end revs in the body are about hit & miss but idles like me 20 again hahaha

21 - 38 of 38 Posts