XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Boogie Child
216 Posts
Huh! still here just like a bad smell at 73,
My 2009 Black XR, is still giving me lots thrills. New front tire (Michelin Pilot 5 replacing Pilot2, see how it goes on dirt also) going on next week, l forget how many fronts, I have changed so far but! I need good rubber front and rear
on the back roads of Cowra NSW.
We don't need winding or bendy roads, as we have that many pot holes it's like every straight has 20 bends on them as you are avoiding all the pot holes. Maybe I should put on knobby tires?
Take care

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
Like Jimmy and yourself, I’ve been here since ‘09, I’m still hanging in here, fortunately we have some newer members that like to contribute what they know, I’m still educating members on the correct way to close their dipstick. I see Magoo,JeffB, streettracker, and maddog posting on the Facebook pages, but sadly are not active on here. I try and keep in touch with Corpse, at least once a year, but sadly, he sold his XR last year. I often think of you Scotty, and hope you are well!, take care, oh yeah, I forgot to mention that JoeP shows up here once in awhile, you should see how big his son Maximos has gotten.
Geno, phaedrus, and myself are usually around to help out, if needed
Regards
Roy

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention our long term international members, I won’t mention everyone because I’m sure to leave someone out. We have a strong Australian contingent, most noticeably Shackman, who is a valued contributing member. Redrat from Germany is here quite often.
i don’t think there are any from the UK “ditchbusters” fraternity, if any of you get that reference then you’ll know what I’m referring to. Skiddy and HouseyHousey are some names you might remember.
I also see Sam on Facebook, but not so much on here. Member Art has bought and sold at least 10 XR’s, and I believe at the moment, he is without one.
Scotty, do you still have your XR?, I’m pretty sure you picked up one of those nice Triumphs, but didn’t know if you kept your XR. Stay well my friend, it was nice to hear from you.
Regards
Roy

· It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Scotty !
Doubt the world will get brighter when you’re gone. But we’re all getting closer for sure. I’ll be 71 next month. Dami I’m getting old. Sure is good to here from you though. Take care.
Huh! still here just like a bad smell at 73,
My 2009 Black XR, is still giving me lots thrills. New front tire (Michelin Pilot 5 replacing Pilot2, see how it goes on dirt also) going on next week, l forget how many fronts, I have changed so far but! I need good rubber front and rear
on the back roads of Cowra NSW.
We don't need winding or bendy roads, as we have that many pot holes it's like every straight has 20 bends on them as you are avoiding all the pot holes. Maybe I should put on knobby tires?
Take care
Like Jimmy and yourself, I’ve been here since ‘09, I’m still hanging in here, fortunately we have some newer members that like to contribute what they know, I’m still educating members on the correct way to close their dipstick. I see Magoo,JeffB, streettracker, and maddog posting on the Facebook pages, but sadly are not active on here. I try and keep in touch with Corpse, at least once a year, but sadly, he sold his XR last year. I often think of you Scotty, and hope you are well!, take care, oh yeah, I forgot to mention that JoeP shows up here once in awhile, you should see how big his son Maximos has gotten.
Geno, phaedrus, and myself are usually around to help out, if needed
Regards
Roy
I haven’t been around as long as some but I’ve missed your entertaining and informative contributions! Most questions on here can be answered by looking in the archives. Thank you.
It's great to see some of you older members are still kicking around here. It just came to mind last night to have a look in and see what's going on.
Yep, I've still got the XR though it hasn't been ridden much for the last three years or so in the same way as none of my bikes have been. Looooong story.
I have seen the XR Facebook pages but I really don't like using Facebook very much so I have never engaged with the XR pages. I prefer forums as I find them easy to use and you have more of a communal atmosphere.

Great to see you guys are still around :cool:(y)

· Sonya's a pretty kitty!
3,688 Posts
Scotty, great to see your byline and hear from you again. I was class of '10 here and still have my orange non X, also a '10 model. About 50K km on it now, & many sweet mods most notably including a cf 17" front wheel and a cf front guard our mutual friend Art blessed me with. Covid has limited my tripping around in the last 2 years, like most of us, but nonetheless I have scored a Givi top box for which I made a mount for its base plate, and hope to put it to good use soon.
We miss your authoritative tech input and skills mate, don't make it so long next time. It's no hard feelings, believe me. Cheers and y'all come back, y' hear?

J.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
@Scotty
I have never had a direct conversation or added to one of yours until now. Your posts and replies come up a lot in my searches for informmation, and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and exprience, for the newer wave of XR Owners, like myself. Thank you.

FB is what I call "Speed Google", where most just want an instant answer as they wait, and don't want to search. I shut my FB off about 2 years ago, and can do without. 12 years of the XR (here in the states), and if you search long enough here, you will find it.

Reactions: geno

· Registered
4 Posts
Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention our long term international members, I won’t mention everyone because I’m sure to leave someone out. We have a strong Australian contingent, most noticeably Shackman, who is a valued contributing member. Redrat from Germany is here quite often.
i don’t think there are any from the UK “ditchbusters” fraternity, if any of you get that reference then you’ll know what I’m referring to. Skiddy and HouseyHousey are some names you might remember.
I also see Sam on Facebook, but not so much on here. Member Art has bought and sold at least 10 XR’s, and I believe at the moment, he is without one.
Scotty, do you still have your XR?, I’m pretty sure you picked up one of those nice Triumphs, but didn’t know if you kept your XR. Stay well my friend, it was nice to hear from you.
Regards
Roy
Hi, I am a newbie from the UK, just bought a black 2008, and love it to bits. I will be 70 in January, do I qualify as an old fart?

· Registered
625 Posts
I am still here but the bike is dead, I am thinking abiut fixing it, Fuel pump and battery. And a seat for touring with saddlebags ect. Just in the planning stage now. But ya i am still here and Merry Christmas

1 - 20 of 38 Posts