XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Don't touch me there!
Congratulations and welcome from Cincinnati Ohio USA! We're glad you found us. This is the first (and often only) Harley for a bunch of us, including me. Let's see some pictures when you get a chance.

Premium Member
Welcome from California. The search function is the best for questions. Pictures are recommended.

Reactions: Alx1313

Sonya's a pretty kitty!
Well done, Axel1313. Yours is a familiar narrative to most of us. Top decision there, stick around and let us know whenever you need advice or help. XR ownership comes with a valuable swag of benefits, including one of the best forums in webdom right here.

J.

Registered
Welcome Axel1313 and congratulations on getting your hands on one of the most fun bikes ever built! You're in good hands here. Share some pics when you get a chance, we're never tired of seeing pictures of XRs!!

Administrator
Congratulations on your new (to you) XR1200, long time sporty owner (since 1983) and I can tell you the XR1200 is the best handling, most fun bike Harley ever produced.
Anything you need, or want to know about your XR1200, you can find here鈥ll you have to do is ask.
Regards
Roy

Administrator
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho! Like ^^^Houseyhousey^^^, I bought my 2009 XR new at 55. Enjoy the ride!

Registered
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho! Like ^^^Houseyhousey^^^, I bought my 2009 XR new at 55. Enjoy the ride!
I didn't actually buy mine new, when they came out in 2008 took one for a test ride and was dissappointed because it's performance was so flat, so forgot about it for 8 years till I seen the one I got now on Ebay. The after market SuperTrapps and PCV made a big difference to the power deliver 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well done, Axel1313. Yours is a familiar narrative to most of us. Top decision there, stick around and let us know whenever you need advice or help. XR ownership comes with a valuable swag of benefits, including one of the best forums in webdom right here.

J.
Actually I have problems with my D&D exhausts. They're f.....g to loud and I want to put some quiet baffles in them before the neighbours kill me when I leave at 5:30 am for work :)
I've looked around but I don't see anything... Anyway I'd like to go 2 in 1 w/db killers removable when needed for the week end... any suggestions?

Administrator
You could try to find a set of used stock exhaust, but they are 2:2.
Twin motorcycles in The Netherlands make a exhaust called Torque Hammer made specifically for the XR1200 and Carrie鈥檚 the Euro E mark for noise. Or you could be very lucky and find a used set of Termignoni 2:1 on one of the online sites.
Good luck in your search
Regards
Roy

used ta could
Welcome Alx1313. Looks like another unmolested XR. Let鈥檚 get that oil cap closed properly. I see you have exhaust blowing out of the front of that top muffler. Before spending money on new I would take those apart and see if they鈥檙e packed properly. Perhaps some of the packing has blown out. I鈥檝e never seen the core of those mufflers but I know the quiet cores sold for my Black Widows are only 1/2鈥 smaller in diameter and reduce sound (and, unfortunately power) quite a bit. Maybe another brand of core will keep the neighbors at bay for a while.

Premium Member
@ytman
Sargent Dwight, you crack me up!!!

Registered
Congratulations and welcome from Cincinnati Ohio USA! We're glad you found us. This is the first (and often only) Harley for a bunch of us, including me. Let's see some pictures when you get a chance.
There is an xr in Cincinnati? We should meet halfway and go for a ride

John. From cbus

Registered
Hi all,
Just bought my first XR today and actually my first Harley. At 52 it was about time 馃槣. It's a 2009 orange & black with 14K miles on the odometer.
Welcome from Columbus ohio. It was first harley in years. Always wanted an original xr but never bought one. Now I have owned 7 from dynas to glides. I like them. Maintenance is easy and they are reliable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts