XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Found this site last night, looks well laid out and full of useful information from owners.

I got my XR in June 2008 and have covered 3,865miles so far and enjoyed every one of them.

Hope to be able to contribute to and learn from the site to keep the XR running sweet.

Keith

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Nice!

Hello

Found this site last night, looks well laid out and full of useful information from owners.

I got my XR in June 2008 and have covered 3,865miles so far and enjoyed every one of them.

Hope to be able to contribute to and learn from the site to keep the XR running sweet.

Keith
Welcome Keith! Man, there's getting to be a bunch of you U.K. guys on here :whistling:...Could y'all all get together and do something about Scotty? (Kidding Scotty, kidding....love ya man!):eek:

So, Keith, you forgot the most important piece of information........what color is your XR?

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Bleedin hell Kieth, 3,865 slow miles, never mind i supose you've got used to the slow lane by now!

You're welcome here anyway mate, their's a couple of you slow black boys around here, chances are they are making their way to their computers in slow motion as i type, they should welcome you in about a week or so :D

Good to see ya.......:cool:

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
Racial Discord.....

Obviously, Keith, you can see we have a little racial discord on the forum at the moment.

You see, the Black XR's think they are as good as the Orange XR's....which everyone knows is just hooey...and now the Silver XR's are coming in thinking they deserve all the rights of the Black and Orange XR's although everyone knows they are the slowest of all!:yinyang:

It's just a mess.....I'm afraid it's going to take legislation to clean this problem up.:innocent:

You may want to reconsider your membership in this organization :whistling:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Keith, I'm in the UK too. However, seeing as I have an orange XR, i won't be able to speak to you ever again, sorry:scooter:

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Keith, Welcome to your forum. Sorry to hear they were out of colors when they built your bike.
cybrdyke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bleedin hell Kieth, 3,865 slow miles, never mind i supose you've got used to the slow lane by now!

You're welcome here anyway mate, their's a couple of you slow black boys around here, chances are they are making their way to their computers in slow motion as i type, they should welcome you in about a week or so :D

And getting slower, Bikes burnt a Litre of Oil in 350ish miles and loosing Power!!!!!! :oops:
The XR is going to be picked up by Black Bear HD on Sat Morning for investigation. :(

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
And getting slower, Bikes burnt a Litre of Oil in 350ish miles and loosing Power!!!!!! :oops:
The XR is going to be picked up by Black Bear HD on Sat Morning for investigation. :(
Dude, that's bad....the same thing is going on with another member of the forum .... I'll go looking for his post......Definately let us know the resolution to this issue!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keith, Welcome to your forum. Sorry to hear they were out of colors when they built your bike.
cybrdyke
No they were not out of colours!!! I just don't have much
imagination, when it comes to bikes mine are all BLACK :D

Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude, that's bad....the same thing is going on with another member of the forum .... I'll go looking for his post......Definately let us know the resolution to this issue!!

I will hopefully find out what the problem is on Wednesday,
Will let you all know what's happening then.

Keith

·
ILL NEVER GROW UP JUST GROW OLD
148 Posts

ha ha you leave us slow black boys alone we will catch up soon enough.

welcome mate

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Six Gears,it's a 1996 model which I have had since 1999 it's a a good bike and has covered a lot of miles in the last ten years.

Keith
The reason i ask is the first year they made it which i think was 95 it only had five gears, and I've got the stuff here to convert it to six, selector drum, sixth gear and a couple of other bits and gasket to do the job, its all brand new, so if you know anyone with a 95 give me a shout.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used to have a 95 speed Trip. Damn I miss that bike. I was a bit heavy and slow , but made me grin every time i rode it.

Err, kinda like the XR:)

·
Carbon Fibre Hooligans
569 Posts
Hi Keith, Don't listen to the orange 'Tango Brigade'. Black IS the new black! At least when we eventually get a UK XR1200 get together we will stand out from the crowd :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Keith, Don't listen to the orange 'Tango Brigade'. Black IS the new black! At least when we eventually get a UK XR1200 get together we will stand out from the crowd :)
Hi

Couldn't agree more, why follow the majority at least we will be able to find them easily among the "Tango Brigade" :D

Keith

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.