XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a 2009 XR, never thought I’d own a Harley. Did my trade as a motorcycle mechanic in my family’s bike shop working on all makes but mostly Suzuki and Kawasak,i raced on road amd MX bikes. Had big Suzis and Kawasaki for transport still have a old 850suzi. I have to say out of all the bikes I’ve owned and ridden the XR is by far the most fun bike I’ve had.
this old girls a keeper.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Welcome from California. Nice bike!!!

Reactions: Chrisdespo

·
Super Moderator
12,676 Posts
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho. Nice ride!

·
My hovercraft is full of eels
970 Posts
Welcome. Good looking bike. The XR is pretty much the only H-D that's a proper street motorcycle that turns and stops and leans and goes like, well, a motorcycle. They make a couple good heavy tourers but otherwise the rest are mostly clownbikes now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome from just across the border. Lockdown means the border is like Trump's "big beautiful wall". Depressing... I'm similar- never thought I'd own a Harley, and just bought mine 'cos it was CHEAP and I thought it looked fun. It is fun, and I've grown to really love it...

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,058 Posts
Welcome from Melbourne, also in lockdown central. Nice looking XR. Your story of a suprise conversion late in your riding career to a Harley is a familair one to many of us, including me.
Dig through the forum archives for a wealth of background info on the bike. They are a real gem and virtually unsurpassed in terms of mojo & fun for $. Bests,

J.

·
Super Moderator
8,331 Posts
A big Welcome from Connecticut, USA where we are getting ready to close out our riding season for the year, I’m guessing yours is just the opposite. Nice looking bike you’ve gotten, hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.
Regards
Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A big Welcome from Connecticut, USA where we are getting ready to close out our riding season for the year, I’m guessing yours is just the opposite. Nice looking bike you’ve gotten, hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.
Regards
Roy
We ride all year here summer can be a bit hot and very wet, winter is nice

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome from another Queenslander, yes we are blessed to be able to ride all year round.
There's not many bikes out there that have the XR's character, I'm sure you will love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts