XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the invite Scotty. I picked up my XR last weekend. It's a fun bike to ride, and (obviously) completely different from my Fatboy! I'm already finding great info here, and hopefully I'll be able to add something in the future. For now though, it's just good to find a place focused on the XR. Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. How's the weather up there? Riding weather yet?

Well, it's getting close. It was in the 50's during the week and I got the bike out for it's initial ride. Today is windy, 40, and may rain. I'll get out, but only for a short ride. I try to ride year-round though. It doesn't snow much, so usually good leathers and heated gloves will carry me through the winter.

How's riding down there?

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
not bad...

Really kinda so-so this morn....lows 70's which is nice....but cloudy and expecting some thunderstorms.....don't know if I'll get out today but I do have some mods I'm figuring out so the bike will keep me busy today anyway [:)]

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Phaedrus, glad you made it.
Welcome. :)

Thanks Scotty. I'm just learning the bike, but this forum will be a great place to share info. I just picked up the Service Manual, and the Parts Manual is on its way. Now that I know how to get the seat pan off, it's time to start modifying...

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
Thanks Scotty. I'm just learning the bike, but this forum will be a great place to share info. I just picked up the Service Manual, and the Parts Manual is on its way. Now that I know how to get the seat pan off, it's time to start modifying...
What service manual did you get? The regular Sportster manual? My dealer says a XR1200 service manual doesn't exist. If you got a 2009 Sportster service manual, does it have the unique stuff for the XR1200?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
What service manual did you get? The regular Sportster manual? My dealer says a XR1200 service manual doesn't exist. If you got a 2009 Sportster service manual, does it have the unique stuff for the XR1200?
I did get the 09 Sportster service manual, and it does have breakouts for all of the XR unique features. The common manuals did cause some confusion here, since the Dealer was looking for the XR specific Owner's Manual when I picked up the bike, and it is a common Sportster Manual too. Should have the Parts Manual on Saturday, so now I should be all set to work on the bike. As soon as I break it in, I'm going to pull the heads off and see if they can benefit from some polishing....

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Hello from Switzerland too!!

please don't tell me you got a BMW too!?

lol ;)

Nope I'm not tainted (yet).

I did come close to buying a R35 last year, but I passed.

And, I was a heartbeat away from buying a R1200GS last week - before I came to my senses and picked up the XR...

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
And so the dealer sent me this plaque...

So I guess I really own the bike.

But should I still be expecting some kind of plaque or plate from HD?

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Apparently, the first 750 preordered bikes got a #1 number plate signed by the Wrecking Crew and a letter from Bill Davidson. I've had my bike three months and haven't seen anything while others got theirs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts