XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'd been wanting an XR since I saw them debut in Europe. I had my 05' Low Rider, but it just didn't give me the rush a bike was supposed to. I missed out on the original order since I couldn't get the Low Rider sold in time, but its finally gone and my butt just spent the 50 mile break in on my new XR. I still can't wipe the smile off my face, though I have to admit, keeping to the 4k or less rpm's was a bit frustrating. I also wanted to say thanks for the great postings that have kept me in anticipation this whole times. There is a wealth of information here for anyone lusting after this bike. By the way, anyone have pics of the t-shirt?

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Welcome!

Hey Doc! Welcome.....you may need to prescribe yourself some Thorazine if you spend too much time here....

Congrats on the new ride. There are some folks here that really have this thing figured out....they'll help you along.

Oh, tshirts pics are here:
http://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/site/showthread.php?t=256

And if you are enjoying your XR at 4000 RPM then you are really gonna dig it at 7000!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from just down the road in Alexandria. You should have kept the other HD. :)

Where did you buy your bike?

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
ER- welcome to the forum from Cleveland.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Hi from a Yankee living in Dixie

Hey Doc, welcome to the nicest forum on the web. This is a place where even differing opinions are debated and respected (if you believe that, contact me for some great deals on swampland here in Florida).

I used to live in your area, lived on Eastern Shore, went to school in Beltsville. Moved to Florida in early 80's, no snow can ride all year.

The XR just gets better and better.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Phadreus, I bought mine at Battley/ Rockville HD.

And Floridacars, more jealous than you know. I recently had to move up here from Florida after living down there for almost 10 years.

Yep, miss it almost everyday.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome aboard Doc, I had the same problem as you, as soon as I saw the XR1200 on its European release I knew I had to get one too. And I still have no regrets at all, the only problem is that I cant stop riding it everywhere (its my only means of transport) and I have to replace my front tyre very soon. Anyway this is a great place to hang out, the guys here know what they are talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts