XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I didn't do it
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought I should join the fun as I have been hanging around the dealers for the last 3 or 4 weeks being a pain, constantly asking questions and playing with the two XRs on display.

I am based in North Hertfordshire (30miles north of London) and spend many happy hours riding around the beautiful and relatively empty roads of the North Norfolk coast. For the non-Brits its that fully round sticky-out bit on the East side of England about a quarter of the way up from the bottom:)

I've only been riding bikes for 30(ish) years so I am still not really sure what I like best. All I know is then after looking at the Beemer 1200GS and Ducati Monster I only got that 'I must have it' feeling when I saw my first XR1200. I hope to put down the deposit this weekend and should be on the road by mid April.

My other bike is a sad little old NTV650 left over from when I used to commute into London. I would sell it but its worth virtually nothing and still runs as well as when it was new.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
14,910 Posts
welcome phil.....

Welcome to the site. Only been ridin' 30 years, huh? Well, I think you're gonna do fine here!

Good luck this weekend>

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Cheers, Phil! Welcome to your forum!

...For the non-Brits its that fully round sticky-out bit on the East side of England about a quarter of the way up from the bottom:)...
Others take note: THIS is the way to describe things like where you live and mysterious motorcycle parts.

G

·
I've only been riding (legally on the street) for 45 years and I think I know roughly what I want...I think...and the XR1200 is definitely in there on the short list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.