XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, got referred here from another site as my interest is solely in the XR1200.

Hope to be getting one in the next month or so, need a home to sell out of state first.

Went by the dealer in the south Denver metro area, met a great sales guy-Ron-and decided this is the perfect bike for my type of riding.

I've been riding for a little over 40 years, have owned a bunch of different bikes over the years. My current ride is a '07 Honda Sabre 1100. I also am now responsible for the care and feeding of my older son's '08 Triumph Street Triple as he is in his train-up mode for his next deployment to the land of sand.

I have a younger son that will be 21 the end of April and wants the MSF class for his present, can't say no to that.

I look forward to learning and reading alot regarding the XR and also look forward to sharing my experiences once I get it.

Ride safe,
Steve

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Doc,
Welcome from icy Cleveland. Used to live in Boulder. Still have Niwot's curse. I'll be out that way this summer with some buddies. We'll be on the touring bikes, though.
Look around the forum, tons of info on XR's here.

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Welcome home

Welcome to the forum, I too am a 40 year rider. Long list of old rides, but now have a BMW K1200LT for long distance, a 2000 triumph Sprint RS for fast rides, a 78 Triumph Bonneville for running about, and the XR for fun. I think you will enjoy the XR, as all of us on this forum do. It's a unique bike, I don't think we all have agreed on what it really is other than it's fun to ride.

Tony

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Hey Doc, i see ya got my link, glad you could make it.
Their are some good folks around here, apart from Fat billy and magoo that is!

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Hey!

I resent that! The part about not being a good guy doesn't bother me.....but grouping me with FatBilly, well, that's just offensive!!:mad::eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Doc, i see ya got my link, glad you could make it.
Their are some good folks around here, apart from Fat billy and magoo that is!
Scotty, thanks for the heads up, looks like a good group over here and there's plenty of good reading material.

Already decided that when I do get the XR I will need a new set of pipes and probably go for a pair of Ohlins on the rear as well.

By the way a good friend here in Denver retired from "The Met" about 5 years ago, met a nice American woman and now calls Denver home. We tip a few Boddington's now & then and swap lies.:D

·
WTF???
15,959 Posts
I think you will enjoy the XR, as all of us on this forum do. It's a unique bike, I don't think we all have agreed on what it really is other than it's fun to ride. Tony
For us Americans, isn't it the best and only 'Standard' we can buy? The 'Standard' being the bike that comes from the factory as a plain and simple 'Motorcycle' and you modify it to fit your needs. They just happened to disguise it as an XR750 look-a-like. Although the disquise really only works in the orange color. The black one is just a beautiful Standard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts