XR1200 Owners Group banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, first mod is almost done.. New exhaust, had to get that thing off of there as fast as possible..
Again, forgive the messy garage...

·
Registered
117 Posts
hello from Texas!!! im working on my second XR. regretted selling the first. learn from my experience. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
what exhaust is that? still available from manufacturer?
I made it.... I couldn't find one that I liked anywhere, so ended up welding up my own and using a reverse meg slip-on from Cycle-X in Wisconsin (I do a good amount for my CB750 through them)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Is that a Klutch welding table? If it is, is it worth $200?
It is indeed. I think its worth it based on what else I could find out there. I love it. The top is a bit thinner than I would like (4mm I think), but plenty sturdy if you aren't using it as a surface to hammer on etc. (note the paint pen on it that says no hammers, for my buddies..)
It comes with a bunch of clamps and jigs, which is probably worth over half the cost of the table alone. It made doing this exhaust wayyy easier, jigging up the angles and clamping them while welding.

·
used ta could
1,766 Posts
I think the internet knows what we’re thinking. I was looking at your picture and the next thing I know...up pops an ad for that very table from Northern Tool. Haha. I wish they had a deal on shipping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yea I was lucky and have one right nearby, so didnt have to bother with shipping. Also, the internet is creepy..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts