XR1200 Owners Group banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hello, all,
just wanted to update everyone with to progress of my project. I did speak with Hayden Schultz and he confirmed it was the bike he raced.
So after looking over the bike I thought it would be best if I just take the bike apart and start over. I stripped it down to the frame. Had to repair the steering stop, left side rear set mounts, weld up a few cracked welds. and now it’s ready to get powdered coated.
I was able to find some of the V&H parts.
Joe Houpt from Suburban Harley Davidson really helped me with a lot of the parts and information about the bike.
I still need a few more parts.
V&H Rear exhaust mount, or any exhaust parts (mine are in rough shape)
Oil cooler ( mine is bent)
I will post pictures after I get the frame back and start putting it back

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Glad you are rebuilding one of the race bikes. please kerp this post updated.

I have had frequent emails back and forth from Joe. I posted this before, as Joe and Suburban H-D bought all the remaining XR1200 Series parts from Vance&Hines. There are parts they will be remaking for sale. I am waiting for them to make belly pan.

In the back of my my mind is thinking to have another XR for a track bike. I follow your progress..

Where are you located in the States?

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hello, all,
just wanted to update everyone with the progress of my project. I did speak with Hayden Sh
So after looking over the bike I thought it would be best if I just take the bike apart and start over. I stripped it down to the frame. Had it repair the steering stop, left side rear set mounts, weld up a few cracked welds.
and now it’s ready to get powdered coated.
Even though it was raced I find it hard to believe the frame cracked :oops: these things are built like tanks!
Thanks for keeping us updated (y)
Great news, exciting project

Can you carefully remove that little AMA sticker for re-use, it carries a massive amount of provenance

Have you had a look at the gearbox yet?

Can you carefully remove that little AMA sticker for re-use, it carries a massive amount of provenance

Yes we where able to save the AMA sticker. So for the transmission,
So i found the shifter shaft was bent. i removed the clutch hub and was able to shift all five gears by the shifter drum. I was told if you could shift all gears by the drum the transmission is okay.

· Let's Ride
679 Posts
Hello, all,
just wanted to update everyone with to progress of my project. I did speak with Hayden Schultz and he confirmed it was the bike he raced.
So after looking over the bike I thought it would be best if I just take the bike apart and start over. I stripped it down to the frame. Had to repair the steering stop, left side rear set mounts, weld up a few cracked welds. and now it’s ready to get powdered coated.
I was able to find some of the V&H parts.
Joe Houpt from Suburban Harley Davidson really helped me with a lot of the parts and information about the bike.
I still need a few more parts.
V&H Rear exhaust mount, or any exhaust parts (mine are in rough shape)
Oil cooler ( mine is bent)
I will post pictures after I get the frame back and start putting it back
NICE Shop!

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

I have had frequent emails back and forth from Joe. I posted this before, as Joe and Suburban H-D bought all the remaining XR1200 Series parts from Vance&Hines. There are parts they will be remaking for sale. I am waiting for them to make belly pan.

In the back of my my mind is thinking to have another XR for a track bike. I follow your progress..

Mooresville North Carolina,

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
There are quite a few active XR Owners on your side of the US.

· Registered
24 Posts

I spoke with Joe a couple of months ago and went thru a list of some of the parts he has. Now that fall is here and my riding days are numbered, I am going to be aggressive on getting as much as I can. I want to get the oil cooler relocated, rear done, belly pan, etc. He told me he had some rear sets that were missing a bracket, I said if he can give me the dimensions, my friend has a cnc mill and will make as many as needed. I don't know if I want to convert my bike to a pure track day machine, but where do you stop:LOL:

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So I finished rebuilding my brake caliper.
the fronts I used the ALL BALLS Kit , and the rear I used a Harley kit. Had the calipers powder coated.The where suppose to be gray but some how they look black to me. Also had the rotors and rear belt drive done in flat black.
Also got a few parts in from Joe from Suburban Harley, tail section,Oil cooler mount, And even the the sticker kit with the #59 on it.I am waiting to get the frame back from the powder coaters and I sent the forks out to have the seals replaced and the ohlins cartridges serviced.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts