XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jay Forgione I live in North Carolin.
Just picked up a XR1200 She is a little rough, I was told it was a pro race bike at one time( has AMA pro sticker on frame)
it has most of the V&H race kit. Some parts are missing.it looks like someone tried to put it back on the road.
as of now it only has first, neutral and second gears. So I have some work to do.
thanks for accepting me to the group.

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Yes, if it was indeed a retired race bike, it could have come with spare parts, or has parts on it no longer made. What numberplate, if any, does it have on it? Pictures would be nice!

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
Welcome to the group, I knew of one race bike from South Carolina that was for sale recently, I wonder if it was that one. Every year, the weekend before Memorial Day, a bunch of XR1200 owners meet up in Waynesville and try to tame the Dragon, and other scenic rides in that area. Like others have already said, we would love to see some pictures
Regards
Roy

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No number plates, So what I think what happened was, it was a pro bike then when the series ended it was club raced.They tried to sell it as a road bike.They put some lights on it.
But it has transmission trouble so no one would touch it, They relocated the oil cooler back to its stock location but left the longer oil lines.and put the stock rear shocks back on.
put a new key switch in.It still has a few good things,
olins fork cartridges 17” front wheel V&H pipe & fuelpak.
I just found out I will have to split the cases to repair the transmission, so that is my next project. I will keep everyone updated .

Attachments

· used ta could
2,428 Posts
I believe that was the Hayden Shultz #59 bike. Eric Gagnon is a member on here out of Georgia. Is that who you bought it from?
He sold the Nitron shocks on here but there is some beautiful Race Techs in the classifieds that would be perfect, you probably want to spend your money on the transmission first though…..

· Don't touch me there!
1,825 Posts
Hello Jay and welcome from Cincinnati! Congrats on the bike, the race bikes are increasingly rare these days. Any questions or problems you run into chances are pretty good somebody here has an answer for. Like Roy mentioned, every year we meet in Waynesville the weekend before Memorial Day Weekend and go riding. Here is the thread from this year. We'd love to have you join us and share some of your local knowledge!

· Registered
2010 XR1200
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe that was the Hayden Shultz #59 bike. Eric Gagnon is a member on here out of Georgia. Is that who you bought it from?
He sold the Nitron shocks on here but there is some beautiful Race Techs in the classifieds that would be perfect, you probably want to spend your money on the transmission first though…..
I bought the bike from someone in NC He did not do anything with it. He said the bought it from a guy name John Steele, who is the parts manager at Harley haven in SC.It very well could be the #59 bike in the picture. the reason i say that is the red wheels and the side covers for the oil and battery where repainted black but are red on the inside.
Please let me know if you have any other information or pictures on this bike.
I am thinking about putting it back to what it looked like as a race bike.
Did Eric buy the bike from Hayden?
Thanks

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I’d contact that dealer and ask for that person. I bet he would share some information with you about that bike.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts