XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
2011 XR1200X, 2012 Super Glide Custom, and 2023 KLR650S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mike, and I joined the XR1200 Owners Group on Sunday 10/24/2022, because I have been looking to purchase a XR1200X for a few months now and found one in the marketplace ads for sale, so I am now the proud owner of a 2011 White XR1200X. Also, I have a 2012 Super Glide Custom that I purchased about four (4) months ago. I enjoy riding the WNC mountain roads and have been riding for going on 52 years now. Looking forward to all the available information on this site for the XR1200 bikes.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Hood
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Welcome from California you are forgiven at our age we are allowed to forget a few things. Nice ride you have there or should I say rides including what looks like to be a nova in the background? I’m no Chevy expert so I can be wrong, just ask my wife she tells me all the time.

The search function is full of great information. I am still reading through them and coming up on my two years as a member here and I’m still finding new interesting stuff. The XR is a blast to ride, and you’ll get a lot of attention, a lot of questions about it, so make it your own.

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am looking forward looking forward riding my new bike and reading up on the XR's to learn new things from the group.

And yes, the car is a 1970 Nova with 19,000 original miles, original paint, original interior, original motor, original transmission and original rearend. I did change out the original red steel wheels with the dog dish hubcaps for the current wheels and tires per a helpfully request from my wife. lol

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

· Registered
2011 XR1200x
88 Posts
My name is Mike, and I joined the XR1200 Owners Group on Sunday 10/24/2022, because I have been looking to purchase a XR1200X for a few months now and found one in the marketplace ads for sale, so I am now the proud owner of a 2011 White XR1200X. Also, I have a 2012 Super Glide Custom that I purchased about four (4) months ago. I enjoy riding the WNC mountain roads and have been riding for going on 52 years now. Looking forward to all the available information on this site for the XR1200 bikes.

View attachment 253600 View attachment 253601 View attachment 253602 View attachment 253603
Hello Mike,
Nice rides. An old friend of mine had a 70’s Nova back in his college days. Does yours have the manual shifting on the column? You will love the XRX. Fun bike! Nice custom Harley as well. Welcome to the forum. It’s a great place for information, buying and selling parts for the XR’s. Have a great ride.
From Canada 🇨🇦
Derek

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just so you know I purchased my XRX this week on marketplace from Twinbratz that is also a member of the group, he is a super nice guy and was a joy to work with on my long-distance purchase. Jointing the XR1200 Owners Group has turned out to be the best $20 dollars I have spent in a long time. Thanks to everyone for all your warm welcomes and I look forward to more discussions in the future.

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, maybe one more thing, before I stop talking, I am still in the market for a 2000, 2001 or 2002 Buell X1, if you know anyone that is looking to sale one with low miles, original condition with little to no mods please let me know.

My hunt for the Buell is the very reason that I now own my XRX. lol

· Administrator
8,749 Posts
Welcome Maxx, if 1954 is the year you were born, that would make you 1 year older than me (about to turn 67), about the median age for XR1200 owners. A big Welcome from Connecticut, where our riding season is about to end soon.
As others have said, mark your calendar for the week before Memorial Day in Waynesville, its the annual pilgrimage for a lot of East Coast riders to meet up and have a good time.
Regards
Roy

· Administrator
12,995 Posts
Welcome Maxx, if 1954 is the year you were born, that would make you 1 year older than me (about to turn 67), about the median age for XR1200 owners. A big Welcome from Connecticut, where our riding season is about to end soon.
As others have said, mark your calendar for the week before Memorial Day in Waynesville, its the annual pilgrimage for a lot of East Coast riders to meet up and have a good time.
Regards
Roy
Hey CT, I am a 1954 birther also. I turn 68 in just a few daze.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts