XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
welcome!

Welcome XRwilly...I think you are gonna like it here! Post up!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new bike and welcome fellow orange grower/eater/rider!

·
WTF???
15,969 Posts
Yay, another guy that bought it because he likes XR750's. I'm trying to make mine look a little more like a flattracker without taking away any of it's great streetbike performance. A nice set of 19" Avon dirttrack tires would look great, but I don't think they would perform like the stock and some of the other tires guy are fitting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea MaxDog! Moving it (respectably) closer to the XR750 is a move in the right direction. Tread is a great start. Besides the Sportmax’s that come on the bike are only so-so to begin with, particularly on frequent wet Florida roads.
I haven’t searched around, but has anyone discussed what happens when you take that silly lower skirt off the tank?

Is that the skirt that includes the airfilter on the right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, but I would not sacrifice a drop of gasoline capacity for a flatter tank!

There is a carbon fiber cover for the tank if you search this site for some pictures. It may float your boat...

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
First WELCOME. Second you'll find there are a couple of us that are into Vintage MX as well. Third I also got sucked in by the XR750 look! Fourth, I think the "Skirt" you are talking about is the actual tank! The Orange part is just a cover over the molded plastic gas tank.

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Welcome aboard XRWilly from WildWilly. Us Willy's gotta stick together. Is it just me, or does that sound downright nasty?

·
WTF???
15,969 Posts
Great idea MaxDog! Moving it (respectably) closer to the XR750 is a move in the right direction. Tread is a great start. Besides the Sportmax’s that come on the bike are only so-so to begin with, particularly on frequent wet Florida roads.
I haven’t searched around, but has anyone discussed what happens when you take that silly lower skirt off the tank?
I think the idea behind the black plastic was to draw attention to the orange part of the tank. That part is closer looking the the XR750 tank. I know it doesn't work very well, especially on black bikes, but you would only be able to go 40 miles with a proper tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.