XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know me from XLForum

Scotty told me about this site...so here I am :)

I got a black 2009 XR1200 delivered in 2008

cheers

Benny

·
It aint no good locking the doors, when the madnes
7,305 Posts
Hey Benny, good for you dude.
Bike's looking cool, now black those engine cases!

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Benny!

Benny, welcome home!

So, how's the weather in Switzerland this week?

You may want to make friends with RUNHD, on Reunion Island near Madagascar......he'll really make you feel bad about the temperature!:confused:

We are happy to see you...look forward to hearing about your XR.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
weather is to cold yet to drive...at least for me lol...

Scotty, I like the silver engine :)

maybe I have to introduce my bike too:

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Benny, i was in your country last july. what a beautiful place to have a motorcycle!! The roads are hilly, twisty, and the scenery is awesome. Petrol, however, is more expensive than....well, chocolate.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
it's still cheap compared to germany...and in july it was most expensive ever...now it's ok.

when I go riding for more than 2h I go to south germany most of the time...to the black forest....roads there are awesome for motorcycles...speed limit of 100km/h too :)

I'm only 20mins south of the german border

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
We rode thru Lucerne and Davos and up Gotthard pass then thru the Black forest, then down into Italy. Outstanding!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
weather is to cold yet to drive...at least for me lol...

Scotty, I like the silver engine :)

maybe I have to introduce my bike too:

Ahh yes! I like what you did with the painted fender and oil cover shroud. You did the filter cover as well right? Eventually I'm going to borrow that idea :)

Oh, and welcome!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
We rode thru Lucerne and Davos and up Gotthard pass then thru the Black forest, then down into Italy. Outstanding!!!
black forest is in south germany...opposite side of Gotthard and Italy ;)

Gotthard always has a lot of traffic, there are cooler passes than that one :)

Klausen per example..there are historical races too

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh yes! I like what you did with the painted fender and oil cover shroud. You did the filter cover as well right? Eventually I'm going to borrow that idea :)

Oh, and welcome!

I'm going to do the filter/ lower tank cover part when I dissassemble it to take out the intake flap we euros have.
Maybe the silver part on the intake is going to be red :cool:
I think it looks much cleaner painted.
especially the side covers made a cheap appearance to me somehow before.

·
Some gave all
122 Posts
I'm going to be in Geneva for a week in April, thinking about renting a bike and hitting the stelvio pass. Will there be snow at the lower elevations?

·
I piss excellence!
131 Posts
hey

Benny and Jurabike,
You definately need to hook up with Vecchio Lupo in the spring. That would be very cool......

·
We'll always have Paris
14 Posts
Hey Benny,

We live 200 km from each other, 2h30 by highway...Not very far indeed!

Due to the bad weather, it's not possible to plan any ride for the moment. However, I will think about it. I have a house with two rooms for friends. If you're interested, why not spend a week-end here...I will show you our best roads and landscapes and we will take some pics for our forum buddies. It's not easy, usually, for me to find a date as I have already many rides with my HOG chapter but we should be able to organize something...Let's keep this idea on mind and pray for the sun come back

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
sounds great to me!

we got to talk aout this when it's getting warmer outside...and less slippery haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts