XR1200 Owners Group banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is G I'll be 50 next month, I'm living down here for 15 years now, always love bikes, did a bit of racing in the 80s with yamaha cup and endurance races.
Just put a deposit on a new black xr, can't wait to get it.
Very nice forum

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

G-
Happy you're here. Maybe soon, you can tell us what it's like to ride in Thailand...with pictures.

·
I have come here to defeat you Ricky Booby!
72 Posts
Welcome G,:)

Tell us more about riding in your country.

I've got the project to visit Thailand very soon (next holidays on july - august). Could you tell me if there is any interesting bike's shop in Bangkok or another city where I could find some products for the XR ?

·
My giant goes with me wherever I go.
14,911 Posts
Welcome!

G...G-dog....G-man....the G-minator...glad you made it here!

I'm with RunHD...I'd love to see some pictures of your local riding areas!

Welcome to the forum...post something quick!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there thanks for the welcome
There are plenty of bike shops in Bangkok, there is one official Harley dealer too, but big bikes or big bikes accessories are not cheap because imported here's a link on some bike shop in BKK http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/shops/index.html
I've ordered my Xr from MCW in Phuket, it is closer to were I live Samui, and Marc one of the owner is very helpfull and know a lot about bikes, there are plenty of (parts) in his shop, also kind of pricy, here's a link on their web site http://www.moto-cycleworld.com/index.html
I make sure to post some pictures about (driving) in this country...

Sheers

G

G

·
Welcome

I would love to see some pics of your country. Never been there. I did spend some time with some of your army guys in East Timor when I was in the army. Great Guys!

·
A few roos short in the front paddock
88 Posts
Greetings G man,
Thailand is a beautiful place and very good people.
I really enjoyed Chang mia & Mai Hong Son.
I think it would be quite a challenge to survive in Bankok on 2 wheels. A good place drive a Hummer.:)
Welcome aboard.

G

·
G'day G man, welcome to the XR crowd, but like Marx said before how do you manage to ride there? The Thai's are beautiful people but the traffic conditions over there are some what chaotic. :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is something to drive here, the rule is there is no rules. As most expat we could each of us write a book about our experiences on the road, that said once you know and accept the danger it is for sure a pleasure as nobody bodered you if you ride a little fast or if your bike is not standart etc, because of the nice weather I'm very fortunate to be able to ride a motorcycle most everydays. But sure it could be dangerous.
Sheers

G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts