XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new to this site, though i have been lurking for some while... i currently ride an r6, but have it for sale... when it gets sold im pretty sure im getting an xr1200.

ive been looking on this forum but cant find threads about prices... like what kind of haggling skills or tactics were used in the purchase of your bikes... if there are any please direct me to these threads.
thanks

·
Premium Member
18,659 Posts
Welcome. I bought mine at LA Harley and without too much work got $1,000.00 off MSRP. Go see Alan and tell him Don sent you can't say you'll get the same deal (I have bought many bikes from them) but they will treat you right!

·
Willow Springs
84 Posts
I went to Westmisnster Harley and had the best buying experience ever.
I didnt negotiate price but I did get a killer APR and found a very nice dealer to deal with.
I was waiting for a silver one and they had one of only two in So Cal.
Good luck !
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did it...

someone bought my r6 and a couple long hours later, i was driving home on my new xr1200 (fast orange of course!) anyways i got a great deal at victorville harley!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Sith, or my we call you Darth? Welcome.

I think a good place to start with price is MSRP all inclusive of tax, set up, license and ALL FEE's. That stuff adds up and is a good way to begin since you can say I'll pay sticker but everything must be included in that price. An example:

11,000 MSRP paying 'sticker' sounds bad/full retail but...

$700-Stealor Prep
$660-6% sales tax
$150-license/plates/doc fees

$1510 saved is about 14% of MSRP.!!

If you have a trade then try to get retail value and go from there.

The stealors now thru August 31 can tell you that you get MSRP for 1 year on a trade in on a new bike with the XR, fyi.

I came from an FZ6 and have Never looked back with the XR. Good luck and be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.