XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool... a forum just for XR1200s! Looks like a nice place you have here.

Hi, my name is Lori and I have an XR1200. Just picked it up in early June, and I'm scheduled for my 1000 mile service this week. :D
Yeah, it's a fun bike-- I love it!! :clap:

My first Harley, but not my first bike. I've been riding for, oh, 17 years now? Sheesh. Everything from racing harescrambles and enduros, to dual sport riding, and a bit of street riding here and there. The XR1200 is my commute and weekend tour bike. I hope to take it on a few long distance trips as well.

Here's a picture taken just this past weekend, up along Rt. 64 near Tierra Amarilla. Although it was 80+ degrees at our house, up here it was chilly! (That's my husband's Ulysses on the left.)

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Welcome

Lori, nice to have you here! You'll find a lot of good info and friendly people here! Oh, and we consider the Buell our first cousin so your husband is welcome too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Nice pic. Looks like you can drive on some roads with a view.

·
Reputation points: -4
1,205 Posts
Welcome...

Lori, welcome to your forum and congrats on the new rig!!
I was just in NM last week touring around. We stayed in Taos, Sante Fe, and Kayenta. Had a great time...and the roads were outstanding. The road into Taos was a blast!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and congrats Lori. We'd love a compare and contrast between your hubby's bike and your XR.

·
Scooter Trash
194 Posts
Lori: Welcome aboard. Had a Uly and think it's a perfect stable mate for the XR. Also plan to tour on the XR. Keep the shiney side up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to learning all about my new orange beastie on this site.

Welcome and congrats Lori. We'd love a compare and contrast between your hubby's bike and your XR.
I haven't yet ridden the Uly. I did get a chance to ride pillion for about 30 miles. I must say it's one of the nicest pillion seats I've been on. Very comfortable. I almost fell asleep on the ride home. :p

My husband has ridden my XR, and he says the two bikes are completely different, handling and engine-wise. The Buell is very (VERY) flickable on the street. Just think where you want to go, and the bike turns. The Buell also weighs quite a bit less than the XR.
The Buell engine makes more power than the XR, and makes it at higher revs. The XR feels more like a typical Sportster 1200 engine, albeit on steroids.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to learning all about my new orange beastie on this site.

I haven't yet ridden the Uly. I did get a chance to ride pillion for about 30 miles. I must say it's one of the nicest pillion seats I've been on. Very comfortable. I almost fell asleep on the ride home. :p

My husband has ridden my XR, and he says the two bikes are completely different, handling and engine-wise. The Buell is very (VERY) flickable on the street. Just think where you want to go, and the bike turns. The Buell also weighs quite a bit less than the XR.
The Buell engine makes more power than the XR, and makes it at higher revs. The XR feels more like a typical Sportster 1200 engine, albeit on steroids.

Hello and welcome to the forum! If you stayhere a bit longer you will get to know me as the guy with the BLACK XR...

How old is the ULY of your husband? 2009 models only have a few horses more (you can count it on one hand)...it's more the weight that makes the difference..
You might consider lowering the front forks for some additional handling quickness!

I don't know how the ULY is but the typical XB feels like some scooter underneath where the XR is a real BIKE :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum. It's always great to have one more XR owner here to share their experiences!

·
Son of a Son of a Sailor
195 Posts
Welcome Lori, we have a great wealth of information here. Poke around some, learn some, and ask questions like it's going out of style, you will always get an answer, or ten, and all different.

There are some knowledgable folks on this forum, and a few, like me, who are just here for fun, or Fat Billy, who's just here for the beer:nono:

Ok, Fat Billy is fairly knowledgeable, he just tries to have some fun along the way, well maybe all of us do, that's why we ride the XR:clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.