XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm about a decade late to the party, but finally got here! The XRX is a bike I've always wanted so when I came across this bone-stock 10K mile one I grabbed it. It was a typical 30 degree Montana winter day when I rode it home, snowed overnight and cold weather since. C'mon Spring, 2022!
Thanks in advance to all of you that have contributed to this forum!
Ed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Nice Bike. It's never too late to own one of these. Welcome to the show. 406, the area code for Montana, nice!!!

Reactions: 406 Rider

·
Administrator
12,757 Posts
Welcome to The Forum from Idaho! Looks like you found a good one. They say................better late than never. (y)

·
Sonya's a pretty kitty!
2,156 Posts
Well done, she looks super clean & original. Plus you got the HD small sport screen. You're going to have a ball on that thing so roll on spring. Fire it up for 10 mins in the shed each week to keep oil around the motor and some charge in the battery and you should be good to go when your weather permits. Best wishes from Melbourne, Australia.

J.

·
Administrator
8,406 Posts
What a nice clean example!, congrats on the new, to you, XR1200X
welcome in from Connecticut, anything you need, or want to know about your XR, you can find here…all you have to do is ask.
Regards
Roy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow, unmolested, right down to the reflectors and signal light lenses! It's funny how that state of affairs gets cooler the older something gets.....

Welcome form the province just to the north of you, Alberta!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello and it's nice to see an original bike, if I were to buy another one that's just how I'd want it. Like darbgnik says above the older it gets the cooler it is to see a stock example.

·
Wapiti Slayer
628 Posts
Welcome Ed! What part of the state are you from?? I'm in the Helena area. I've had mine since the Spring of '13, love these bikes!

·
Wapiti Slayer
628 Posts
Great to hear from another MT XR rider! I'm in Billings. Really looking forward to riding this season!
Gotta take it on the Beartooth! Done it a few times on mine, lot's of fun!

·
Wapiti Slayer
628 Posts
As soon as all the snow clears, it's game on! Hope to do it more then once this summer!
Yeah, I pissed a few people off that I was passing on some of those curves, but the XR is made for that mountain! Include the Chief Joseph Pass in your ride too!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Cloud

·
Wapiti Slayer
628 Posts
As soon as all the snow clears, it's game on! Hope to do it more then once this summer!
That snow won't leave until late June. Try to make the Rally, thats when the roads are nice & clear. I'll probably be there this year again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That snow won't leave until late June. Try to make the Rally, thats when the roads are nice & clear. I'll probably be there this year again.
There'll be two XRs in town! We'll have to hook up! As you know, the pass gets real crowded during the rally.

·
Registered
2011 Harley Davidson XR1200X
5 Posts
I believe I saw your bike on the showroom floor at Beartooth Harley Davidson in Billings, MT. I was surprised to see "my bike" on the showroom floor. Albeit, mine is a 2011 and this one was a 2012 with 9K on the clock. It was a very nice, clean XRX. So might see you around the town someday. Maybe meet up at one of the bike nights with the twins.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts