XR1200 Owners Group banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I'm a new owner of a 2012 XR1200x that I picked up last month. I flew to New Jersey to buy it and rode it back 1800 miles to Miami Florida (I took the back roads and added about 700+ miles to the trip). It was a blast and I'm excited about doing a long ride like that again. I love the bike, it has just enough basic mods to keep me happy with it for a long time. I found a 2010 XR by accident yesterday that's been modified pretty extensively and I couldn't help myself so I bought it as well :);) so now I own two, one's a beauty and well refined and the other is a beast in looks, feel and power. This should be an adventure going forward.

I'm excited to get to know you all and learn a bunch about what to do to improve my bikes in any and every way and also to share stories, ideas etc with others that appreciate what we have our hands on. Happy riding everyone!

Beauty....
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Beast...
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ha! Good for you! I recently penned a post on here asking how many members owned more than one XR. I have been contemplating picking up a heavily modified one for sale in my area as well!

·
Premium Member
2009 XR1200
114 Posts
Welcome from So. San Francisco Bay area. Joined with the double-mint twins. Wild. After 8 months as a member I still spend at least an hour a day reading and researching. You can't go wrong hanging out with this bunch. You came to the right place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, where are my manners! Welcome! You will find many knowledgeable members on here that are willing to help if needed. Just ask!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! Good for you! I recently penned a post on here asking how many members owned more than one XR. I have been contemplating picking up a heavily modified one for sale in my area as well!
I replied on that post with those two, lol it's a big difference between those two bikes, love it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from So. San Francisco Bay area. Joined with the double-mint twins. Wild. After 8 months as a member I still spend at least an hour a day reading and researching. You can't go wrong hanging out with this bunch. You came to the right place.
Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning more!

·
Let's Ride
355 Posts
Welcome from Alabama, you will have to join us for the East Coast ride. Horosho will give you more details.

·
Let's Ride
355 Posts
The weekend before Memorial Day weekend. My first time was this year and it was fantastic. GREAT group of riders.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Welcome from the West Coast. Would love to read more about your 1800 mile trip. Bet you made quite a few gas stops along the way. Do you have a map of your trip? Our bikes have plenty of aftermarket and factory parts still available. You have chosen both in black, rather than the SLOWrange. I too look forward to the West Coast Epic Ride. What came with the modded bike that we can't see?

·
Premium Member
2009 XR1200
114 Posts
Welcome from the West Coast. Would love to read more about your 1800 mile trip. Bet you made quite a few gas stops along the way. Do you have a map of your trip? Our bikes have plenty of aftermarket and factory parts still available. You have chosen both in black, rather than the SLOWrange. I too look forward to the West Coast Epic Ride. What came with the modded bike that we can't see?
Isn't that spelled SLOorange

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The trip was amazing I rode down from New Jersey to DC on I95 . Once I made it past DC i jumped on route 17 starting in Virginia. I followed 17 south with a few detours along the way - at every stop for gas i was given different directions to places, sights, etc... Made things more interesting. Once I got through NC i rode to the Outer Banks and followed that all to the end including the ferry rides - that was a great experience- I found my way back on 17 to SC and Georgia down to Jacksonville FL- I then took US1 down from there, veering off to A1A at times for more sightseeing until i got down to Miami. I was refueling every 150 miles so i made 12 or 13 gas stops. I only have a partial map of my trip but I do remember it all. I only found black bikes so my choices were pretty limited here- the second one was hard to pass up, too much of a deal for me to say no. I'll get you the list of mods later, I have them written down somewhere.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts